Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Recording audio?

Join
Jun 10, 2020
Right now, like every other newbie, all I have are vids in a large parking lot learning the basics. But, how do I get audio to be recorded onto the SD card?

I think you need to record audio separately (possibly on the phone?) and then merge it with the video in post edit. What type of audio would you like to record?

I think you need to record audio separately (possibly on the phone?) and then merge it with the video in post edit. What type of audio would you like to record?
Pretty much narration, describing what I trying to video as I learn to fly. Im taking it on a Harley ride to Montana, and want some narration, simple?

Pretty much narration, describing what I trying to video as I learn to fly. Im taking it on a Harley ride to Montana, and want some narration, simple?
I have never done a separate audio, but have thought about it often. Just go out you front door and use the audio recorder on your phone and take off. Please post back your results.

Right now, like every other newbie, all I have are vids in a large parking lot learning the basics. But, how do I get audio to be recorded onto the SD card?

In the Go4 app, there is an option to record audio to your device when you are flying and recording video to cache. It doesn't record with video off.

It is saved somewhere on the device and can be used later when editing video in post production.

As mentioned above, use the device you are flying with and record audio to it during the flight. With the device recording the whole flight, you won't have to the video recording to capture the audio in the Go4 app.

Most devices have a voice recorder on them or can be found in the app stores.

Good luck. :)

If you use the record audio in the Go4 app you may have an issue when you edit your video. I’m not sure if you cut parts of the video out, does it also cut the audio for that same time.
If you did not pick up my reference to editing video ?. You will figure out that all of your video during flight may not be wanted in the video you will show friends. I use the free version of DaVinci Resolve From Black Magic to edit video. You can easily have an audio track and layer it into the video.

Reactions: Arizona Desperado
You can easily add audio in post. Various video production programs are available, at various costs. Do not go for one that may be beyond your capabilities at first. Think about it, if you could record to the micro SD while in flight, what sound would you hear? Question for you. What setup do you have. I use my iPad Mini 5 with my Spark & Mavic Air. The one thing I really love about the Apple product is the built-in screen recorder. They are available for Android as well. The neat thing is, in post, you can overlay or split screen the Go 4 recording to match your flight video/photos. The down side of screen recording is that it can provide near immediate evidence of a crash, without internal files from the bird. Fly, have fun!

Reactions: Spark 317
I use my iPad Mini 5 with my Spark

I have a mini4 and enjoyed using the screen recorder, but had an issue when I would use it.
It would not record the audio of me speaking, but it would record the sounds of the DJI lady ( take off, home point, etc.).

I've tried switching the Go4 cache audio off / on as well as the video cache with no luck.

I tend to get the CPU overload warning sometimes as the mini4 tries to do everything. It didn't use to it at first, but over time, I think the Apple and DJI Go4 updates have slowed it down a tick.

Any problems with the mini5?

Thanks for your input. ?

I had some issues a few weeks ago concerning the Mini 5 and Go4. I needed to unlock my Mavic Air and DJI UNLOCK was NOT working. 1 hour later while online with DJI help I was informed there are a few issues between the GO 4 and Mini 5. After 4 complete resets on the Mini 5 and same with the GO 4 app, then finally GO 4 and Mini 5 talked to each other. I unlocked and flew the next day instead. Headaches!!!!!

pretty ambitious to record audio as you fly. It all looks good at first but ..it's not. So when you edit it you are going to have a hard time syncing it to audio. Better to lay an audio track over your edited video..and keep in mind that you probably can't email or message anything but the shortest videos. I hope someone pops up and says that I'm full of it and that it's easy. We'd both learn something:)

Reactions: Kyle Knox
@Arizona Desperado : As @Spark 317 said, you need to turn on that feature in the DJIGO 4 app, as well as have Video Recording turned on. Make sure you have lots of space on your device, as the Video recording takes up space on the device fairly quickly. I recommend setting to automatically delete old files when space gets low (you do that in the Go4 App.)

I use Filmora as my video editor, and it is relatively easy to drop your video from the SD card onto the video timeline, and then drop the audio recording from the device (I use an iPad) on the audio timeline. They are already the exact same length, so they are "in sync".

When you edit the video, just remember that you will need to highlight the audio as well, so that timeline also gets edited out. Otherwise, your audio/video will no longer be in sync, and it is really hard to get them exactly lined up again.

Here is a video that shows how to do it: https://youtu.be/WtEi_1d7Lu4

There are several videos that go over this on Youtube. But I can't find one that explains how to export the audio from your device to your editor computer. Perhaps I will make one. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast