Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RED WAYPOINT

Sorry if this has already been mentioned in the 9 pages of posts...
I've just setup a first simple mission and plan to try tomorrow morning when it's cooler (it's almost 37°C here at the moment). Does RW produce logs similar to DJI's logs? I notice there's a logs folder but as I haven't flown yet it's empty. I'm using AirData and it would be nice to be able to upload RW flights too. I assume this would be part of the DJI SDK but maybe I'm wrong.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned in the 9 pages of posts...
I've just setup a first simple mission and plan to try tomorrow morning when it's cooler (it's almost 37°C here at the moment). Does RW produce logs similar to DJI's logs? I notice there's a logs folder but as I haven't flown yet it's empty. I'm using AirData and it would be nice to be able to upload RW flights too. I assume this would be part of the DJI SDK but maybe I'm wrong.

I'm also interested in this information and look forward to the day it's available. From what I've read, in this lengthy thread, the RW developer (respect) hasn't had time to develop this aspect yet. Perhaps he or one fo the Beta testers can chime in and give us an update.

Good question! All the information is stored inside the DJI/red.waypoint.redwaypoint and inside the SD card from your aircraft

Managed to fly my first mission. I found the flight record on the phone and successfully uploaded it to AirData. I couldn't find anything on the SD, I assume I would need to use DJI Assistant to find it? I notice AirData has interfaces for various Drone apps - do you have anything on your list to integrate Red Waypoint?

I had a couple of issues so I need to scan through the thread and see if I find answers.

I'm confused about versions. Google Play shows 1.3 and I have 1.3 installed. The web site refers to version 2.1 in July 2018 & the previous version are <1.3
Also 1.3 should have Orbit & Follow but I can't see where they are activated.

Maybe I missed something. I joined the Beta channel, maybe things will become clear.

I'm confused about versions. Google Play shows 1.3 and I have 1.3 installed. The web site refers to version 2.1 in July 2018 & the previous version are <1.3
Also 1.3 should have Orbit & Follow but I can't see where they are activated.

Maybe I missed something. I joined the Beta channel, maybe things will become clear.
Hi pinthenet!
Sorry for the misunderstanding, the web page has an error, current version is 1.3. At the moment, the orbit and follow missions can only be done in Online mode, when clicking mission settings you can select the type of mission.

Managed to fly my first mission. I found the flight record on the phone and successfully uploaded it to AirData. I couldn't find anything on the SD, I assume I would need to use DJI Assistant to find it? I notice AirData has interfaces for various Drone apps - do you have anything on your list to integrate Red Waypoint?

I had a couple of issues so I need to scan through the thread and see if I find answers.
Not familiar with air data. We will investigate on how to use the air data interface.

Hi pinthenet!
Sorry for the misunderstanding, the web page has an error, current version is 1.3. At the moment, the orbit and follow missions can only be done in Online mode, when clicking mission settings you can select the type of mission.
Ah yes, sorry, I should investigate before complaining... I found the new functions.

App request:
1) photo capture at waypoints for purpose of post production aerial photos
2) on grid pattern mission, add the option to choose between the following styles of waypoints along the drones travel between turns,
2) (a) option to choose number of waypoints between turns
2) (b) option to choose spacing of waypoints between turns.

Reactions: Red Waypoint
So I figured which files were required for photogrammetry. And created a simple DEM and orthomosaic. Pretty cool.
I've done photogrammetry with red waypoint and done lots of photogrammetry using larger quad as well.
I've never used nor trust the recorded gps of the photo taken, on my investiagation, there's delay when the position recorded for trigger the camera until the actual photo taken that makes the accuracy is not good.
In my experience, using ground control point (put a 4-5 mark which we can pick up the coordinate a lot better) can have much better accuracy. On many of my cases, the accuracy is up to 25 cm horizontally when compared to terrestrial survey.

I've done photogrammetry with red waypoint and done lots of photogrammetry using larger quad as well.
I've never used nor trust the recorded gps of the photo taken, on my investiagation, there's delay when the position recorded for trigger the camera until the actual photo taken that makes the accuracy is not good.
In my experience, using ground control point (put a 4-5 mark which we can pick up the coordinate a lot better) can have much better accuracy. On many of my cases, the accuracy is up to 25 cm horizontally when compared to terrestrial survey.
Yes Artob, I have completed one Ortho and it was off about 30m! I'm not sure why it's so far out, but I'm guessing it's a transformation error in the software I used. (Dronemapper)
I'm lucky I have access to recent Aerials though and I can reposition the output in GIS to fit into the real world better.
For the purpose at hand, the georeferencing accuracy isn't as important as the info gained from it.
I found some info on using ground reference points that I'll try next time.
Maybe you or RedWaypoint can help me out with finding the continuous shoot option I've read about in the forum. I'd like to take the photos more consistently and I'm guessing that would do the trick.

Yes Artob, I have completed one Ortho and it was off about 30m! I'm not sure why it's so far out, but I'm guessing it's a transformation error in the software I used. (Dronemapper)

It is because the software is using the EXIF data in the photos for Latitude and Longitude, which the Spark only stamps to the nearest second. It needs to be to the hundredth of a second or even thousandths.

I have been doing some photogrammetry testing with the spark and various software (PIX4D, Precision Mapper, Dronemapper, Pixelement, DroneDeploy, GlobalMapper, Recap, Photoscan). I use ground control points (GCP) to rectify the images and point clouds. I do have access to survey grade GPS equipment.

I'm lucky I have access to recent Aerials though and I can reposition the output in GIS to fit into the real world better.
For the purpose at hand, the georeferencing accuracy isn't as important as the info gained from it.
I found some info on using ground reference points that I'll try next time.
Maybe you or RedWaypoint can help me out with finding the continuous shoot option I've read about in the forum. I'd like to take the photos more consistently and I'm guessing that would do the trick.
For continous Shot:
1) Go to Camera View
2) Press the button AutoShoot
3) Configure autoshoot:
3.1) Continous shot (Set lapse time between images)
3.2) Waypoints (Takes one image when reaches a waypoint)
4) Press ON/OFF button to activate deactivate AutoShot

Reactions: DroneDoug
I have not been able to open Red Waypoint since the latest Android update. Has anyone else had the same issue?
Google Pixel 1
Android 9
Red Waypoint Version 1.3

I have not been able to open Red Waypoint since the latest Android update. Has anyone else had the same issue?
Google Pixel 1
Android 9
Red Waypoint Version 1.3
It seems like the DJI api does not like pie yet. I read about the same problems in the Litchi thread. NB : this does not affect the go app, the API is used only by third party apps like RWP and Litchi

It seems like the DJI api does not like pie yet. I read about the same problems in the Litchi thread. NB : this does not affect the go app, the API is used only by third party apps like RWP and Litchi
This is unfortunate. I hope the RWP developer can get this going soon. I was just starting to get the hang of the app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502