Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RED WAYPOINT

This is unfortunate. I hope the RWP developer can get this going soon. I was just starting to get the hang of the app.
This bug is affecting many people and it is a DJI SDK problem. Hope they solve soon this issue in the next SDK update

Downloaded Red Waypoint today. Made an test route with 4 blue waypoints. After 150m of range i lost connection :-( the spark was hovering in the same place. I had to open the official Go App to take him back home.
The official Go app works in fcc mode, but im in europe. Maybe waypoint have ce mode on. :-/

Downloaded Red Waypoint today. Made an test route with 4 blue waypoints. After 150m of range i lost connection :-( the spark was hovering in the same place. I had to open the official Go App to take him back home.
The official Go app works in fcc mode, but im in europe. Maybe waypoint have ce mode on. :-/
Hi Mikey!
At the moment Red Waypoint adapts the RF connection automatically to the regulations of each country. We are working on this and soon it will be possible to change between FCC and CE. By the way, if you fly without any APP, using the RC, the default setting on DJI drones when loosing connection is that automatically starts RTH, return to home. This option can be changed on DJI GO APP to hover in place, I recommend changing your setting to RTH.

Reactions: Mikey87
I learned about 'Red Waypoint' and gave it a simple path try with a DJI Spark. Both the Red Waypoint mission planning path ( seen on Google Earth) and the flights GPS track match exactly.

My Pre-flight:
1_turn on the Spark controller (red LED)
2_turn on the Spark drone
3_wait for the Spark and the controller to link (green light)
4_turn on 'airplane mode' on the Android phone
5_turn on the wifi
6_wait and VERIFY that the Android phone is connected to the Spark control's wifi network (Spark-RC).
7_launch the Red Waypoint app
8_wait for the RW app to flash a black rectangle (plus print) that registration is recognized (note: RW app was previously registered with normal internet wifi ( w/o airplane mode turned on))
9_wait for the 'fly' button to appear
10_touch the fly button to go to the active screen
11_load a mission, take off and then run the mission.

The flight started at a slow speed and I sped the drone up a bit mid flight, landing in cold weather with about 50 % battery remaining. (5 minute - total flight time with takeoff and landing)

2018-11-09_14.04.31.jpg

2018-11-09_14.03.27.jpg

Last edited:
[QUOTE="
for photogrammetry is possible to add a log for LAT-LONG points of photos? standard gps tag on it are trunkated (and unuseful)
welcome SDK 4.6 :p"[/QUOTE]

That would be the icing on the cake :)

Last edited:
[QUOTE="
for photogrammetry is possible to add a log for LAT-LONG points of photos? standard gps tag on it are trunkated (and unuseful)
welcome SDK 4.6 :p"

That would be the icing on the cake :)
[/QUOTE]
When using Autoshot a Log file is saved inside the Android device with the image name, LAT-LONG-ALT and drone orientation parameters

When using Autoshot a Log file is saved inside the Android device with the image name, LAT-LONG-ALT and drone orientation parameters

That's exactly what I've been searching for! I already created a .Net exe who take in inputs a folder of pictures and a file listing the images with the correct GPS data, then corrects the EXIF GPS data in the pictures so they should be good for any mapping-telemetry software.
I'll be in Amsterdam for the next 10 days and that's all a huge NFZ :( so I'll check RWP as soon as I get back!
Thanks man, your post made my day

does the log get created only with autoshoot on? and where, exactly? I found something under DJI\redwaypoint but not a file named as you say. OK, I'll try autoshoot tomorrow. Does it work also with free flight or do I have to fly a planned mission? Tnx again :)

Today I tried to use AutoShot: i did set it to 5 seconds - continuous and then flew, but no photos were taken. Do I have to do something else in order to use AutoShot in free flight mode? Do I have to click the "start"button to make autoshot kick in? I feared doing it because I never went into planning mode (offline) and I wouldn't like the spark to start a mission which has never been planned...

Tried out Red Waypoint this weekend (thank you for doing this for us Spark owners!). A couple of issues/observations:

1. Using Red Waypoint with OTG cable was hit/miss. It also wanted to re-set (?) to a different country (I'm in the US, but it would come up at 0/0 lat/long). But the issue wasn't consistent; sometimes the app would open in the correct location, sometimes it wouldn't.

2. My flight seemed to be about 30-35' south of what I programmed into the mission. Very little wind, so I don't think that was the issue.

3. I had set the altitude to start at 50', then drop to 25' for a portion of the mission. But when it dropped down, it actually dropped to only 6-8' high; I thought it was going to hit a few parked cars while coming down the street!

4. A clarification for others just starting with RW; The aircraft will step up to a waypoint's programmed altitude BEFORE it heads for that waypoint, not after it gets there. That was not what I was expecting.

5. I took a few pics while flying, but they didn't show up on my phone; are they on the SD card (haven't had a chance yet to check that)?

6. Finally, not sure if this has been covered somewhere here, but does RW save any flight logs? If so, where can they be found?

Last edited:
Tried out Red Waypoint this weekend (thank you for doing this for us Spark owners!). A couple of issues/observations:

4. A clarification for others just starting with RW; The aircraft will step up to a waypoint's programmed altitude BEFORE it heads for that waypoint, not after it gets there. That was not what I was expecting.

6. Finally, not sure if this has been covered somewhere here, but does RW save any flight logs? If so, where can they be found?

For point 4, now you can choose if the altitude shift must be done all at the first waypoint or all along, gradually.
Point 6, I fearone has to buy the 11$ version because it writes a full log but only when using autoshot mode and you can't use autoshot mode in free flight, and the free version only gives you 5 waypoints. But that's just what I'll do as I find the time: a 5 waypoint mission with autoshot, to see if the file gets created
If it fits my need I'll fork those 11 :;

For point 4, now you can choose if the altitude shift must be done all at the first waypoint or all along, gradually.
Point 6, I fearone has to buy the 11$ version because it writes a full log but only when using autoshot mode and you can't use autoshot mode in free flight, and the free version only gives you 5 waypoints. But that's just what I'll do as I find the time: a 5 waypoint mission with autoshot, to see if the file gets created
If it fits my need I'll fork those 11 :;
Thanks for the reply. The gradual altitude change (ramp) is only available on the paid version. For the free, it is stepped only. But since stepped altitude change occurs BEFORE the AC heads for the waypoint, the altitude setting of waypoint #1 almost seems to be irrelevant. For example; say I set up a mission with
WP1-altitude 100,
WP2-altitude 50'
WP3-altiutude 200'

When I run the mission, the AC starts at WP1-100', but then drops to 50' BEFORE it heads to WP2. Once it gets to WP2, it ascends to 200', THEN heads for WP3. It's not a problem, now that I know that's how it acts; it just seemed odd. It seems like it should start at 100', fly to WP2 and THEN drop to 50', fly to WP3 and THEN ascend to 200'.

My bigger concern is that my flight was 30-35' south of what I had programmed on the map even though the entire flight only covered an area about 150' x 200' (perhaps that is as close as I can expect even though I had good satellite numbers?), and the fact that the programmed altitude of 25' resulted in the AC flying only 6-8' off the ground.

I'll be playing with this a few more times, but likely will step up to the paid version.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit