Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RED WAYPOINT

1) OTG has not been tested, also not sure if supported by Spark. I will check this issue.

4) RED ICON is locate button, in offline mode it is used to locate your Android device on the map, you must have GPS enabled
OTG was brought back in the 4.2.12
Locate button isn't working for my in offline mode (Essential PH-1 and Nexus 6P)

Reactions: Red Waypoint
This is an awesome concept. I will keep an eye on it for when all of the issues are ironed out and it will work on my iPad Mini 4. I know that creating an app is very hard work and I appreciate your efforts David.

1) OTG has not been tested, also not sure if supported by Spark. I will check this issue.
2) Auto_heading is for flying always in the forward direction. For getting the heading for each WP select custom mode.
3) At long click on the geometric patterns, adjust the number of points for the pattern, default is 1.
4) RED ICON is locate button, in offline mode it is used to locate your Android device on the map, you must have GPS enabled

1) good point, I think OTG is unofficially supported although it works with the latest DJI Go 4
2) all clear, thanks
3) yes, found that by accident
4) need to experiment. I found that it seemed to work as a start marker for a geometric pattern, eg with circle selected, first click sets a red marker for centre, then second click sets radus for cirle which is then dawn. Couldn't quite work it out for the others

Also found that long press on red icon at the left clears all waypoints (when it shows X) or one at a time (when it shows /)

I'l wait for your tutorials or details rather than sending too many questions

Is it possible to run your app on my 5.5 Crystalsky? I managed to get it installed on it but I get a google services error. Is it possible to run the app without Google services because CS doesn't support paid apps as of yet.

THX

PACO
For the Google maps API is mandatory to use Google play services up to date. Some Huawei devices are experimenting problems like 'Google play services is updating'. It happens here and in other apps that use Google maps API. It is a 3rd party error that Google is trying to solve with high priority. If that's the issue reinstall Google play services (the problem is that when you reboot your device the problem will continue)

Interesting. Sounds like Autopilpot light for Android, right? ;-)
Autopilot is a Great Open Source SW! This is just a Mision planner made by me for Android devices. But yeah Red Waypoint can also let SPARK fly in waypoint mode, the benefit it has is that the installation setup is quite easy (download from play store and start with your mission).

David, I down loaded the Red Waypoint app last night and I'm going to give it a try later today. I'm wondering, is there a way to convert it to US Standard (feet) instead of metric?

David, I down loaded the Red Waypoint app last night and I'm going to give it a try later today. I'm wondering, is there a way to convert it to US Standard (feet) instead of metric?
Yes you are right, In a next release version I will add this as a configuration variable, thanks for your comment!

Reactions: ortispark
A good effort so far, David! Just a few initial suggestions:

• Need an option to change map to either Map, Satellite, or Hybrid
  • Settings/Mission options - the buttons need to be bigger for people with big fingers! Ideally, move them all to a single column (with button to hide or show)
  • There doesn't seem to be a way of moving the waypoints on the map
  • Waypoint 1: does the AC increase height to match point 1 and then move to point 1? Or increase height gradually?
  • When changing settings for each point, the keyboard covers up the settings window. This will become a problem when you start adding new parameters.
  • Need a way to insert waypoints between existing points. Maybe add + between 2 existing points that then adds a new point and renumbers the rest.
I'll add more comments as I think of them if you don't mind!

Also: The display needs to auto-rotate to the correct orientation. Currently only works in fixed landscape. Landscape is fine, but doesn't change if you rotate device. If that makes sense!

A good effort so far, David! Just a few initial suggestions:

• Need an option to change map to either Map, Satellite, or Hybrid
  • Settings/Mission options - the buttons need to be bigger for people with big fingers! Ideally, move them all to a single column (with button to hide or show)
  • There doesn't seem to be a way of moving the waypoints on the map
  • Waypoint 1: does the AC increase height to match point 1 and then move to point 1? Or increase height gradually?
  • When changing settings for each point, the keyboard covers up the settings window. This will become a problem when you start adding new parameters.
  • Need a way to insert waypoints between existing points. Maybe add + between 2 existing points that then adds a new point and renumbers the rest.
I'll add more comments as I think of them if you don't mind!
Hi Pacman thanks for all this comments, it helps so much.
1) Need an option to change map to either Map, Satellite, or Hybrid.

You can actually change between them by LongClick on the map.

2) Settings/Mission options - the buttons need to be bigger for people with big fingers! Ideally, move them all to a single column (with button to hide or show)

Yes you are right! The Graphic User Interface still needs to improve, mostly for Tablets. I will make them bigger.

3) There doesn't seem to be a way of moving the waypoints on the map

I will think about it! If you mistake you can delete the last waypoint set. But yes what you propose can be usefull for adjusting the coordinate.

4) Waypoint 1: does the AC increase height to match point 1 and then move to point 1? Or increase height gradually?

Now the AC first matches height then moves to the coordinate. The gradually heigh increase is a feature I want to develop on a future (it is also a risky development because moving in diagonal at low heights you can find obstacles) but for now is not a priority development.

5) When changing settings for each point, the keyboard covers up the settings window. This will become a problem when you start adding new parameters.

You are totally right! That's not user friendly

6) Need a way to insert waypoints between existing points. Maybe add + between 2 existing points that then adds a new point and renumbers the rest.

The implementation of inserting points between should be quite easy, the methodology I still have to think about it. Maybe specifying the WP number at inserting(default is last) or something like this.

Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate it

Thanks for the quick reply, David. I hope you don't mind the comments. As a programmer myself I know it is sometimes difficult when other people question your designs, but you will end up with a much better product! It is great that you've taken this on!

You do need a way to adjust the coordinates of any point, and also be able to insert new points into an existing mission. You shouldn't need to delete points that are positioned correctly just to make changes to previous points.

Last edited:
Also: The display needs to auto-rotate to the correct orientation. Currently only works in fixed landscape. Landscape is fine, but doesn't change if you rotate device. If that makes sense!
In relation to the orientation I think all drones apps have a fixed landscape orientation, I am wrong? Mostly this is due to 1) the camera view, you can see at full screen without distortion 2) so many aircraft notifications on the top bar to fit them with maximum width 3) when using the remote controller your device is attached with a landscape orientation. Does anybody else think is useful the portrait orientation? And why?

I agree that landscape is the correct orientation. You wouldn't want portrait. However, if you rotate the device by 180 degrees (landscape) the display should also rotate.

Another point, David: When you use the "Plan Offline" option you have to press the red target to locate your "home point". This should happen automatically, and the location should be indicated on the Google map. Maybe with a small "H". Also, it appears you are using the GPS function of the device to locate the home position. However, most people will use the "Plan Offline" option while indoors and there will not be a GPS fix. You need to use the Google map api function to correctly find your home location even if you don't have a GPS fix.

Hello David,
i try yesterday your App, but does'nt work. I create a Mission and save them.
Start the AC and could'nt find a way to connect the AC within your App. I can see the Button "Connect", but it was not possible to activate him. Nothing happen and in the Go4App there is no possibility to activate RedWaypoint.
I'm using Samsung S7 with the Controller, DJI App works fine but not the RedWaypoint. What could be wrong in my way?
Thanks for feedback and maybe with a Manual for Newbie i would be very happy. Maybe all other user too.
Thanks a lot for your efforts.
Greetings from Austria

sent from S7

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe