Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Remote Control Password?

Mike

Join
Jun 12, 2017
Loc
San Diego
First, I didn't buy the fly more combo.

I just got my spark remote in the mail today from the good guys at advexure.

Got the remote to link with the spark confirmed by lights on the spark and green light on the remote.

When I go over to the network on my iPhone, the spark-RC-#a### shows up when I pick it, it wants a password, I've tried multiple times the password on the spark and on the case. It just won't do that part of the link. When I go over to Go4 APP it shows disconnected.

I've tried the 9 second rest multiple times and another iPhone and i keep getting the same message.

I talked to Advexure and this is the first they've heard of it.

Has anyone else had this issue? What am I missing? I've turned Bluetooth off and tried and still nada.

Thanks for any help

Attachments

• IMG_0527.jpg
    IMG_0527.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 48
When I go over to the network on my iPhone, the spark-RC-#a### shows up when I pick it, it wants a password, I've tried multiple times the password on the spark and on the case
Try the password "12341234".

Reactions: Ato77 and Mike
Look at the battery compartment of the Spark. There should be another wifi password for the controller there.

Look at the battery compartment of the Spark. There should be another wifi password for the controller there.
That's the password to connect to the mobile device to the Spark's Wi-Fi network.

That's it!!

Thank you very much for such a quick reply!

After further review, it is on the backside of the remote.
I'd add that I highly recommend connecting the RC to your mobile device via USB, if you haven't figured that out already.

I'd add that I highly recommend connecting the RC to your mobile device via USB, if you haven't figured that out already.

Yessir, got the OTG cable later on last night and tested it.

Now I just need to grab a shorter lightening cable and i'll be good to go.

Thanks again everyone for the help last night.

To add to @msinger - it's the same for ALL Spark CONTROLLERS.
The Wi-Fi password is on the back of the remote controller. If DJI ever changes it (or customizes it), it can always be found there.

I bought a short OTG cable from eBay short in length only cost less than £5 fits iPhone and it works cheers Nigel

I bought a short OTG cable from eBay short in length only cost less than £5 fits iPhone and it works cheers Nigel
What iOS and go4 app versions are you on? I tried OTG connection on my iPhone (bought 2 different cables) but I wasn't able to connect to remote anyhow, so I gave up eventually :D

wish this password could be changed
Why? Even if someone does happen to see the network, figure out the 8 character password and connect to the device it's useless to them without the DJI App. Besides, you can change it via the app I think.

Why? Even if someone does happen to see the network, figure out the 8 character password and connect to the device it's useless to them without the DJI App. Besides, you can change it via the app I think.
You're assuming THAT someone has no idea what a spark is. If someone wants to be an ahole they could take control of your spark knowing that password. Just sayin

You're assuming THAT someone has no idea what a spark is. If someone wants to be an ahole they could take control of your spark knowing that password. Just sayin
For starters they would need a DJI account. Also, try to connect 2 devices to 1 RC (phone/Tablet) and let me know how you make out.

Last edited:
wish this password could be changed
I changed mine in the DJI app while connected to the RC with WIFI and going to the WIFI settings screen. Also changed the SSID. When connected directly to the Spark with WIFI I can change those things there as well.

You can change the password. I changed mine straight away, because I felt the identical password for all spark RCs was a big security risk. It's under the wifi settings in the app.

Also: I found that the label on the RC wore off pretty quickly. I removed it and stuck it inside the case where it's a bit safer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast