Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

remote help

Highflyer

Join
Nov 10, 2018
Loc
Sanborn, Mn (USA)
my remote will no longer charge. I just bought the spark not too long ago everything was set up right a flew great on my third charge on the remote it wouldn't charge. any ideas on what the problem might be?

thanks, Jeff
ofmOI54.gif

You say that it will not charge but you did not indicate if it will still power on (or allow you to check power lever with on/off button).

The first step is to try a different micro USB cable (several of them; thicker ones by name brands are best). Try a different charging block. Try a different wall outlet. Closely inspect charging port with magnifying glass for damage or debris.

Sometimes the RC has some residual charge and you can wake it up by doing a factory reset. Try holding down the on/off button for about 10 seconds. If you hear the beeping you are back in business.

If that doesn't work give detailed description and we can try again.

You say that it will not charge but you did not indicate if it will still power on (or allow you to check power lever with on/off button).

The first step is to try a different micro USB cable (several of them; thicker ones by name brands are best). Try a different charging block. Try a different wall outlet. Closely inspect charging port with magnifying glass for damage or debris.

Sometimes the RC has some residual charge and you can wake it up by doing a factory reset. Try holding down the on/off button for about 10 seconds. If you hear the beeping you are back in business.

If that doesn't work give detailed description and we can try again.
yes, I was able to power on and check the power level it's now showing one white light. I tried different cables/charging blocks/outlets still nothing. I held down the power button and no beeps I checked the ports and couldn't see any damaged.

What happens if you connect a Micro USB cable between your computer and the remote controller? That would at least allow you to rule out the Spark charger as the cause.

If holding down Power Button for 10 seconds doesn't cause factory reset I think you need to send it in for repair (or warranty replacement).

The factory reset is a low level function of the firmware/hardware. Failure to reset usually indicates it's not a consumer fix.

I'd wait a bit in case somebody else knows different. But I remember an old post that went that way

I hope it works out for you

If holding down Power Button for 10 seconds doesn't cause factory reset I think you need to send it in for repair (or warranty replacement).

The factory reset is a low level function of the firmware/hardware. Failure to reset usually indicates it's not a consumer fix.

I'd wait a bit in case somebody else knows different. But I remember an old post that went that way

I hope it works out for you
my son just told me before he went to charge it the remote was left on and an inactive warning buzzer went off then it went off on its own before he went to charge it if that means anything?

my son just told me before he went to charge it the remote was left on and an inactive warning buzzer went off then it went off on its own before he went to charge it if that means anything?

The inactivity buzzer is a normal function and should not have bricked the RC.

When you hold down power button continuously your should hear:
1 beep at 3 seconds (link)
2 beeps at 6 seconds (disconnect)
3 beeps at 9 seconds (reset)

If you heard none of those it's likely a dead unit.

I'd hold down the power button for 30 seconds with fingers and toes crossed.

The inactivity buzzer is a normal function and should not have bricked the RC.

When you hold down power button continuously your should hear:
1 beep at 3 seconds (link)
2 beeps at 6 seconds (disconnect)
3 beeps at 9 seconds (reset)

If you heard none of those it's likely a dead unit.

I'd hold down the power button for 30 seconds with fingers and toes crossed.
will do thanks for your help

well my controller is dead :( I contacted the seller and he's going to replace it free of charge and pay for return shipping and pay to ship a new one back to me :D:D:D

All is well that ends well. ;) Glad to hear that it all worked out for the best. Now don't drink and fly.... cola that is. :D

my remote will no longer charge. I just bought the spark not too long ago everything was set up right a flew great on my third charge on the remote it wouldn't charge. any ideas on what the problem might be?

thanks, Jeff
ofmOI54.gif
You haven't accidentally plugged in the charge cable upside down at some point and bent the pins in the remote? Very easy to do as the pin is not in the centre of the hole... Just a thought

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delf