Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Requiem For A Drone (The River claimed my Spark)

Sorry for your loss. You did not elaborate but I assume from the video that after the drone hit the bushes then it dropped into the water. Is that correct?

That's correct, and it was never seen again. The footage is what was recorded by my phone (live feed while flying from the app), hence the bad quality.

I am never flying my Spark over water. Too risky. Sorry that you lost yours.

Reactions: Maik Kellerhals
Your experience will make me more cautious as there is a river that I want to fly my drone over to get some video of the dam. I lost my first drone when I descended into trees after I was disorientated and didn't know where in the sky it was. Made the mistake of descending instead of rising, which would have been a safer option.

My condolences.
May the healing process be quick.......about as quick as it takes to get your new Spark.
Then it’s off to taking more great videos!

At least you didn't blame the drone like many do. We humbly have to admit our mistakes when we take risks. They are machines and only do what we direct them to do. Isn't it odd how we almost give them personalities and grieve when we lose one or when one has a mishap? They are our precious toys, our eyes in the sky. Thank you for the very nice video.

Reactions: JMcIntosh
I’ve had almost the same thing happen to me! Luckily mine landed on a rock 2 feet from the waters edge.
Mine was because of the return home function, I thought I had more time but I didn’t. If you want to check out my video of it here it is lol!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex