Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Restricted Zone!

jasperpants

Join
Jun 12, 2017
I'm finally getting to fly my Spark now that I'm out of the DC No fly zone but I'm having quite a mixed experience.

I'm using a 2013 Nexus 7 for control and I'm sure a lot of my issues I'm experiencing stem from that.

However, last night I was attempting to take some footage as I took a stroll along a country lane and hit a restricted zone in what I would consider to be the middle of nowhere.

Location was:

Latitude 51°38'34.80"N
Longitude 8°59'39.96"W

And there was nothing I could do, acknowledge or overide, within the Android App to get the Spark to go any further South along the lane. It was like watching a mime palming across the surface of an invisible box!!!

Checking the DJI site for flight restriction zones it appears I'm really close to the edge of a warning zone for Cork Airport but that's easily 25 miles away.

Any suggestions greatly received?

Crap. Sorry but I haven't been able to fly mine all week because of the DCNFZ either, so I can't help. Would switching fly modes help maybe? And isn't it supposed to have some way to override or accept and continue (unless it's a red, restricted area)?

Going to watch this thread and your posts since I also live in the radius of the National A-wipes.

Going out of town myself this weekend to WV and PA, so hopefully when I get back I'll want to keep mine instead of return or sell it.

Good luck .

Umm... Just Googled those coordinates you posted .. they come up as Ireland!
And, yes you're supposedly near Cork, Ireland.

How far away from D.C. did you go? lol GPS glitch I guess. Maybe a weak signal?

Haha, yeah I'm on vacation visiting in-laws.

These no fly zones are like a nightmare, I can't seem to get away from them.

I did think I would be able to accept something on the tablet to allow me to continue to fly(25 miles from Cork airport) but nothing showed up.

I'm going to try later starting in that zone and see if I get the warning before taking off.

Wow. I'd just finish the rest of the vacation in a nice Pub if I left D.C., went all the way across the pond, and my Spark STILL wouldn't fly!!

As they say over there (well, south west of you anyway) .. Cheers!

I'm finally getting to fly my Spark now that I'm out of the DC No fly zone but I'm having quite a mixed experience.

I'm using a 2013 Nexus 7 for control and I'm sure a lot of my issues I'm experiencing stem from that.

However, last night I was attempting to take some footage as I took a stroll along a country lane and hit a restricted zone in what I would consider to be the middle of nowhere.

Location was:

Latitude 51°38'34.80"N
Longitude 8°59'39.96"W

And there was nothing I could do, acknowledge or overide, within the Android App to get the Spark to go any further South along the lane. It was like watching a mime palming across the surface of an invisible box!!!

Checking the DJI site for flight restriction zones it appears I'm really close to the edge of a warning zone for Cork Airport but that's easily 25 miles away.

Any suggestions greatly received?
install litchi app---works any where FLY SAFE

Try NLD. They have a FW version that has the NFZ removed. This limitation irks me no end, given I fly responsibly and wouldn't go beyond 100ft altitude and 300-400ft distance in a NFZ. Seriously thinking about buying an Autel Evo that has no such stupid restrictions.

Try NLD. They have a FW version that has the NFZ removed. This limitation irks me no end, given I fly responsibly and wouldn't go beyond 100ft altitude and 300-400ft distance in a NFZ. Seriously thinking about buying an Autel Evo that has no such stupid restrictions.

litchi app will work anywhere

Verified? I thought the Safe Fly database was part of the FW.
Verified? I thought the Safe Fly database was part of the FW.

Not sure what FW means; all I can say is I use litchi, never have had a problem, I test my drone in my fount yard never fly more than 25 feet high and never fly more than 150 feet away, I'm within 3 miles of the airport, DJI GO4 won't let me fly. That's all I'll say. Oh yes, had the Spark about a year never updated it and is trouble free.

Not sure what FW means; all I can say is I use litchi, never have had a problem, I test my drone in my fount yard never fly more than 25 feet high and never fly more than 150 feet away, I'm within 3 miles of the airport, DJI GO4 won't let me fly. That's all I'll say. Oh yes, had the Spark about a year never updated it and is trouble free.
FW=Firmware. I'm wondering if the fact you never updated your Spark has something to do with it. I am not an expert by any stretch, but there is a Fly Safe database as part of the FW that DJI updates. So on older FW you may not have that many restrictions, but on newer FW you do and those kick in regardless of what app you use. Of course since it is working for you, don't touch anything!

FW=Firmware. I'm wondering if the fact you never updated your Spark has something to do with it. I am not an expert by any stretch, but there is a Fly Safe database as part of the FW that DJI updates. So on older FW you may not have that many restrictions, but on newer FW you do and those kick in regardless of what app you use. Of course since it is working for you, don't touch anything!

thanks for the reply= my moto is, if its not broke, don't fix it. A lot of owners think they need to update every time they get a message to update, I just delete these notices.

Reactions: alekaras

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme