Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Reverting to v 4.1.15

Dave Skowron

Join
Feb 5, 2018
As suggested, I downloaded the apk for DJI Go 4 version 4.1.15 so I could check out the performance with an OTG cable. Several tries to install have resulted in "App not installed. The package appears to be corrupt."

Has anyone else experienced this?

Maybe the APK file did not completely download?

It seems that no other version will load. Maybe two versions cannot co-exist on the same device. I renamed my current versions directory but no deal. I tried installing a few other versions and they wouldn't work either. Probably not worth much more effort. Or is it? Those who have it - you tell me if it's worth it or not. :)

Reactions: Mehmet Baydar
I perfectly installed the app but the otg cable connection still not working..

I perfectly installed the app but the otg cable connection still not working..
First, plug on remote and aircraft and let them connects. Then open de app on your phone. Finally, connect the otg cable to the RC and the phone in this order. If this doesn't work you have a wrong cable.

Reactions: phy
There are 3 versions of 4.1.15 apks in the mirror, I've downloaded the first one and I haven't no problem with it. Try uninstall the app, and clean your cache of the phone, finally restart before installing again.

Reactions: phy
i reverted back to 4.1.15 since the last version 4.2.6 connecting the phone with the RC with the WIFI disconnect the video every some seconds and get connected and so on cannot even take a picture so i uninstall it and installed the 4.1.15 with the OTG cable and test it again and works prefectly

Reactions: Robert A Watt
I made a range test OTG vs Wifi & 4.1.1 vs 4.2.6

Last edited:
I use 4.1.15 also. Sounds like you downloaded the apk without problem and you've got an installer. I didn't know which on of the three variations to get so I grabbed the one what had the most downloads. Installing the 4.1.15 apk should not be a problem if you:

1. Uninstall the existing DJI GO 4 app whatever version it is otherwise the "old" version (4.1.15) won't install. I do a restart of my phone just to make things are clear.
  2. I used Astro file manager to install the "new" 4.1.15. No problems.
  3. Make sure the just uploaded 4.1.15 version of GO 4 is set so that it will not automatically update to a new version. If it updates, you get to start all over again (been there - done that). Go to the Play Store and turn off Automatic Updates.
I've had 4.1.15 for about three months now and I don't remember if you'll have to reenter the Spark and User information. No big deal if you do.
Good Luck and please let us know if you got it to work.

I use 4.1.15 also. Sounds like you downloaded the apk without problem and you've got an installer. I didn't know which on of the three variations to get so I grabbed the one what had the most downloads. Installing the 4.1.15 apk should not be a problem if you:

1. Uninstall the existing DJI GO 4 app whatever version it is otherwise the "old" version (4.1.15) won't install. I do a restart of my phone just to make things are clear.
  2. I used Astro file manager to install the "new" 4.1.15. No problems.
  3. Make sure the just uploaded 4.1.15 version of GO 4 is set so that it will not automatically update to a new version. If it updates, you get to start all over again (been there - done that). Go to the Play Store and turn off Automatic Updates.
I've had 4.1.15 for about three months now and I don't remember if you'll have to reenter the Spark and User information. No big deal if you do.
Good Luck and please let us know if you got it to work.
Just to cosign I use the .15 app myself no issues able to use otg solid connection.

Reactions: Robert A Watt
All,

DJI GO 4 4.2.12 was available at google play for a limited people then it was pulled. I downloaded and installed it and it works quite well. It now has OTG support and this too works very well. Also the WiFi/ interference screen is working again showing all the signals. Not sure why DJI has pulled it and they offer no reason other than still not recommended. It is sure nice to have OTG working with the Spark.

You can download the apk at:

DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.2.12 APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

Have fun ~ Bill

All,

DJI GO 4 4.2.12 was available at google play for a limited people then it was pulled. I downloaded and installed it and it works quite well. It now has OTG support and this too works very well. Also the WiFi/ interference screen is working again showing all the signals. Not sure why DJI has pulled it and they offer no reason other than still not recommended. It is sure nice to have OTG working with the Spark.

You can download the apk at:

DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.2.12 APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

Have fun ~ Bill
So can I just down load this right from and to my phone by clicking on it? Just uninstall the ap I currently have?

Hello people, ever since I downloaded the new 4.2.12 I've been getting disconnects several feet as soon as take off, it starts to land and not even return to homw, it comes down faster than usual n does a semi hard land, DJI spark I'm using Moto z force Droid , hope I can get some solution to my issue, thank you hope to hear from someone soon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex