Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RTH

ol' Sparky

Join
Mar 10, 2019
This happened to me twice last outing. Ol Sparky was out about 2500 feet out when I got the low battery/RTH message. Fine...let it do it's thing. I have my RTH set to 60 feet as I'm usually out over the water/sand. So up to sixty feet she went and began the journey home. About half way there I noticed she decided to climb up to 200 feet all on her own. Brought it down with the RC, but as soon as I brought her down to 60 feet, I let go of the stick and up she started again. Went out again with a new battery and the same thing happened. This time I watched the height, and as soon as she started moving towards me, she began to slowly climb. Let it go up to 200 feet again before bringing her down. Not sure how high she would have gone if I just let have her way. Checked RTH set at 60 feet. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Never heard of that happening before ol' Sparky. The only thing that comes to mind is to make sure that it is actually set to feet and not 60 meters. Sixty meters would be 197 feet which is pretty close to your 200 that Sparky is ascending to.

Reactions: Spark 317
A couple of years ago, there was a bug related to this issue.
Even if you set your GO 4 app to imperial, RTH height was still metric.
I'm in metric, I do not know if this was ever resolved.

Maybe try to set it a couple of times to be sure it's value is transferred to your drone.
RTH height is stored in your drone, GO 4 app is just the interface.

Try it out in the field, be sure your drone is at least 100m+/350ft+ from HP when initiated by press & hold RC rth button.

Reactions: DamionR

Maybe try to set it a couple of times to be sure it's value is transferred to your drone.

Try it out in the field, be sure your drone is at least 100m+/350ft+ from HP when initiated by press & hold RC rth button.
Hi Haggi. Why would one press and hold the RTH button?

So finally took her out again. (been two-timing with my Mavic Zoom). Checked the RTH height and went out to stretch her wings. Around 30% battery and 1500ft out, decided to see what would happen. Hit RTH , she went up to her designated height and began the journey back. Almost immediately she began to climb as she headed home. Thought I'd just let her and see how high she goes. About300 ft out she was at 215 feet and still climbing. Began to bring it down with trh RC while she was executing the RTH. Brought her down and reset the RTH while she was powered up and on the ground. Sent her out over 600 ft with a new battery. and tried again. This time she returned to home at the proper height and stayed at it. Still not convinced, and will try again next time, but from farther out. Thanx for all the advice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef