Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sd card error

BushPusher

Join
Sep 7, 2019
The issue is that every time I insert the SD card into my laptop windows 8.1 after using it in the Spark, Windows reports that the SD drive has errors, And wants to repair or skip.
The card is a SanDisk Ultra 32GB class 10 i bought it new just for the Spark about a month ago. I have been formatting it in the Spark
anyone have any ideas, My pictures will still imported and seem to be fine if i do the repair or not. Does Dji have a place on line to format a sd card or is the Dji Go 4 App. the only way Dji recommends formatting the sd card. Included a picture from a few hours ago..
Roger

Attachments

• DJI_0136.JPG
    DJI_0136.JPG
    8 MB · Views: 10
I have that warning pop up on my laptop also, but it goes away right away.

I just ignore it.

I format my card in the PC because I add a text file to the card before putting it in the Spark.

The text file contains lost and found information with a phone contact number, location, and an email address.

If I format the card in the Spark, I'll lose that information.

My sd card is a Ultra 32gb HC I is this card what i need or should it have been a Extreme. I mostly take pictures not video's

Last edited:
Late to the show here but agree with the others. I get the same error message using Windows 10. There is some anomaly there but the card reads just fine every time.

I just ignore it.

I format my card in the PC because I add a text file to the card before putting it in the Spark.

The text file contains lost and found information with a phone contact number, location, and an email address.

If I format the card in the Spark, I'll lose that information.

This is a very good idea but it is always advisable to format any card in the device where you are using it. You can format the card in the Spark and then connect it to your computer to copy the text file to it.

I have 32 gb scan disk and get the same error report. I have to options in windows 10 pro, repair the error or ignore it. I have done both many times and I can read or copy to it or record on it. Works fine each way. Like Dragon fly says .. it's a card annomoly .. still works fine. My 8.1 windows PC gets the same annomaly.

The issue is that every time I insert the SD card into my laptop windows 8.1 after using it in the Spark, Windows reports that the SD drive has errors, And wants to repair or skip.
The card is a SanDisk Ultra 32GB class 10 i bought it new just for the Spark about a month ago. I have been formatting it in the Spark
anyone have any ideas, My pictures will still imported and seem to be fine if i do the repair or not. Does Dji have a place on line to format a sd card or is the Dji Go 4 App. the only way Dji recommends formatting the sd card. Included a picture from a few hours ago..
Roger
It's a common error just ignore it. It's an idiosyncrasy between windows and Android it won't cause you any problems.

Reactions: SoccerRef12
Try SD Formatter

Not only to restore full capacity but correct errors too.
Professional photographers swear by it.
Helped me with a micro SD issue in a sports cam.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
I have corrupted a few videos. I realized I was turning off the Spark while the video was still running. I format my SD card in the spark. For lost and found, My spark is registered with the FAA as all drones are supposed to be registered if over .55 pounds. I also have phone number tags on outside and inside battery compartment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast