Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Selling Out - not an ad, but a check in

Just one?
So far we have been shocked, nobody has purchased more than one. Probably closer to Christmas. People will purchase one for someone on their list, and won't be able to resist their own!

Reactions: Spark 317
So far we have been shocked, nobody has purchased more than one. Probably closer to Christmas. People will purchase one for someone on their list, and won't be able to resist their own!
$400.00+ is not an inconsiderable amount for a single purchase with the upcoming Christmas season, particularly if you have other people to buy for. Considering MM is targeting the beginner/first-time drone flier, there is a lot of competition for lesser expensive drones that might suffer damage/loss at the hands of an inexperienced pilot. It's alot easier to lose a $200 drone than one costing twice as much. You and I may agree the MM is in a class by itself in terms of flying camera quality, but the uninitiated probably won't know that unless they've carefully researched.

pmshop, let us know how the MM works out for you. I'm hoping you'll still drop in.

Just one?

For now.
I'm going to wait until one of those EZ Pay sites carry them.
Same way I got my 2nd Mavic Air.

@Florida Drone Supply ,
I usually get two but as history goes since the Spark and Mavic Air, Fly More right out then a spare through an EZ Pay company.

If I could have make it happen, I would have this time.
So inexpensive.
But, Mama needs a Christmas gift as well ;)
And she is no pilot :D

$400.00+ is not an inconsiderable amount for a single purchase with the upcoming Christmas season, particularly if you have other people to buy for. Considering MM is targeting the beginner/first-time drone flier, there is a lot of competition for lesser expensive drones that might suffer damage/loss at the hands of an inexperienced pilot. It's alot easier to lose a $200 drone than one costing twice as much. You and I may agree the MM is in a class by itself in terms of flying camera quality, but the uninitiated probably won't know that unless they've carefully researched.

pmshop, let us know how the MM works out for you. I'm hoping you'll still drop in.
Very true!

With an accidental camera setting I had with the Mavic Air, I am looking to see if I can re-create the same with same quality on the MM as the MA.

Details:
I set me MA to 2.7K60 and thought it was on 1080p60
Processed it and saw my error.
So I thought, we are this close to 4K upscaling, let's process and see.
Keeping in mind to adjust for sample bitrates, (2.7K to 4K), I was impressed at what it looked like:

So now this is my intent with the MM
2.7K upscaled to 4K

With an accidental camera setting I had with the Mavic Air, I am looking to see if I can re-create the same with same quality on the MM as the MA.

Details:
I set me MA to 2.7K60 and thought it was on 1080p60
Processed it and saw my error.
So I thought, we are this close to 4K upscaling, let's process and see.
Keeping in mind to adjust for sample bitrates, (2.7K to 4K), I was impressed at what it looked like:

So now this is my intent with the MM
2.7K upscaled to 4K
Is this footage 2.7K?
My YT app will only serve me 1080p60..

It looks good, but then my monitor is running at 1920x1080, so it's not like I can see it 4k anyway. I tried the YT settings @ 4k, but it just produces a still frame, albeit a nice one. I also tried the 1440p and it was able to run it, also looked good, but I presume I'm limited to 1080p due to the monitor rez.

It looks good, but then my monitor is running at 1920x1080, so it's not like I can see it 4k anyway. I tried the YT settings @ 4k, but it just produces a still frame, albeit a nice one. I also tried the 1440p and it was able to run it, also looked good, but I presume I'm limited to 1080p due to the monitor rez.

No offense, the computers at school district I work for can't run it in 4K.
Even though I tried to upgrade the system with a SSD and a NVIDIA 1030 4GB video card.
The problem is the base computer - Dell 7020

Yours might not have enough oomph to yours.

No offense, the computers at school district I work for can't run it in 4K.
Even though I tried to upgrade the system with a SSD and a NVIDIA 1030 4GB video card.
The problem is the base computer - Dell 7020

Yours might not have enough oomph to yours.
Likely true. I'm running a 3.7GHz i3 and 8GB SDRAM with Win7. I chased that "upgradeable" phantom for years until I realized itel and AMD will change socket architectures as quickly as changing socks. It'll run what I use most and one day I will probably have to ditch Win7, but that day has not arrived.

Reactions: pmshop
Very smooth, clear and crisp. I was struck by the overwhelming number of white vehicles, particularly in the first 2 minutes of the video. The low light evening shots were excellent. Were you able to affix a strobe to the MM?

Very smooth, clear and crisp. I was struck by the overwhelming number of white vehicles, particularly in the first 2 minutes of the video. The low light evening shots were excellent. Were you able to affix a strobe to the MM?

Not yet and I may not have to.
Although your comments are encouraging, I myself am worried about the horizon.
Only the skyline behind the city was correct. Other places where the horizon slanted, the gimabl was off.
And I tested my specialty this morning with a sunrise aerial timelapse - the MM YAWs without input.

...I myself am worried about the horizon. Only the skyline behind the city was correct. Other places where the horizon slanted, the gimabl was off.
And I tested my specialty this morning with a sunrise aerial timelapse - the MM YAWs without input.
I looked at the video again and IMO, if the gimbal is off, it's very slight. The wide angle nature of the lens can lead to some spherical aberration most noticeable at the edges of the frame. I tried to take special notice of things in the middle of the frame that are required to be vertical such as radio towers, church steeples and the like. Gently rising or sloping terrain can confuse the eye into thinking the horizon is level when it's not, particularly with hills and ridges far away. My part of the country is flat, real flat, no significant rising terrain and the ocean is the arbiter of a level horizon.

I think the horizon is all over the place..
Look at 3:15 and some..
I doubt it's a flaw.. and I would probably not notice unless somebody pinpointed it.

When Mighty Mouse is married with Litchi, I'll pull the trigger.
Maybe.. ?

Reactions: pmshop

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers