Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sequence for turning on equipment

SoccerRef12

Join
Jul 5, 2019
I've seen different opinions for the correct sequence for turning on the phone/tablet, controller and Spark. I, personally, turn on Spark then controller then phone. I've seen a post (somewhere) that insisted turning on the controller first so the Spark didn't auto takeoff and fly away (???). So what's everyone sequence and why? Thanks!

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Web
www.Spark-Help.com
The best sequence for you is the one that works with your equipment.

I've seen a post (somewhere) that insisted turning on the controller first so the Spark didn't auto takeoff and fly away (???)
This was an issue with older DJI Phantoms, but it's not something that could happen when flying the Spark.

In general though, it's a good idea to always have the remote controller powered on while the Spark is powered on since the remote controller controls the Spark.

Reactions: JSM and Jointeffort

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
My sequence:
RC, Spark (wait for green light on RC) iPad is on already but in Airplane mode, OTG cable in to iPad then RC, open up Go 4 and hey presto you should see what the Spark camera sees. Works for me and I got it from the Forum. There will be many other routes to follow. Bon chance.

Parrotmlp3

Join
Apr 9, 2019
I've seen different opinions for the correct sequence for turning on the phone/tablet, controller and Spark. I, personally, turn on Spark then controller then phone. I've seen a post (somewhere) that insisted turning on the controller first so the Spark didn't auto takeoff and fly away (???). So what's everyone sequence and why? Thanks!
Phone, controller and then Spark works for me. From my old RC days radio and then the aircraft.

Reactions: Dileach

PhillyD

Join
Sep 12, 2018
Loc
British Virgin
I still follow the old rc way. Open phone- power rc- power spark and wait for green, plug in OTG. Go 4 launches automatically. Simless note 9

Reactions: ajkm

skyfly

Join
Aug 25, 2019
I connect my phone (android) and remote with otg cable then turn on power to remote then spark,dji go4 opens automatically. When powering down i turn off spark first then remote

Reactions: SoccerRef12

Medley

Join
May 13, 2019
In general I turn on my Spark first to give it a chance to get a satellite lock while I’m turning on the controller and phone.

Reactions: Mrmund

SoccerRef12

Join
Jul 5, 2019
Since the biggest limit to flying the Spark is the battery, maybe turning on the Spark last is the most energy efficient sequence? I find that by the time the DJI Go app connects, the Spark has enough time to connect to satellites.

Last edited:

JSM

Join
Jun 29, 2019
My sequence:
RC, Spark (wait for green light on RC) iPad is on already but in Airplane mode, OTG cable in to iPad then RC, open up Go 4 and hey presto you should see what the Spark camera sees. Works for me and I got it from the Forum. There will be many other routes to follow. Bon chance.
Agree T, have been using this sequence for some time and seems to be the most reliable and consistent regards in flight connectivity !! (And distance)

Reactions: DaysOfNoah

djcamera

Join
Mar 17, 2018
1. Turn on Spark. Get the fan and "Taa-Daa" sound.
2. Turn controller on. Wait until green light.
3. Plug in OTG cable. iPhone says "Accessory May Not Be Supported"
4. Open DJI app. Ignore Precise Fly Safe update.
5. Zoom.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ristan