Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sequence for turning on equipment

SoccerRef12

Join
Jul 5, 2019
Loc
Lampasas, Texas
I've seen different opinions for the correct sequence for turning on the phone/tablet, controller and Spark. I, personally, turn on Spark then controller then phone. I've seen a post (somewhere) that insisted turning on the controller first so the Spark didn't auto takeoff and fly away (???). So what's everyone sequence and why? Thanks!

The best sequence for you is the one that works with your equipment.

I've seen a post (somewhere) that insisted turning on the controller first so the Spark didn't auto takeoff and fly away (???)
This was an issue with older DJI Phantoms, but it's not something that could happen when flying the Spark.

In general though, it's a good idea to always have the remote controller powered on while the Spark is powered on since the remote controller controls the Spark.

Reactions: JSM and Jointeffort
My sequence:
RC, Spark (wait for green light on RC) iPad is on already but in Airplane mode, OTG cable in to iPad then RC, open up Go 4 and hey presto you should see what the Spark camera sees. Works for me and I got it from the Forum. There will be many other routes to follow. Bon chance.

I've seen different opinions for the correct sequence for turning on the phone/tablet, controller and Spark. I, personally, turn on Spark then controller then phone. I've seen a post (somewhere) that insisted turning on the controller first so the Spark didn't auto takeoff and fly away (???). So what's everyone sequence and why? Thanks!
Phone, controller and then Spark works for me. From my old RC days radio and then the aircraft.

Reactions: Dileach
I still follow the old rc way. Open phone- power rc- power spark and wait for green, plug in OTG. Go 4 launches automatically. Simless note 9

Reactions: ajkm
I connect my phone (android) and remote with otg cable then turn on power to remote then spark,dji go4 opens automatically. When powering down i turn off spark first then remote

Reactions: SoccerRef12
In general I turn on my Spark first to give it a chance to get a satellite lock while I’m turning on the controller and phone.

Reactions: Mrmund
Since the biggest limit to flying the Spark is the battery, maybe turning on the Spark last is the most energy efficient sequence? I find that by the time the DJI Go app connects, the Spark has enough time to connect to satellites.

Last edited:
My sequence:
RC, Spark (wait for green light on RC) iPad is on already but in Airplane mode, OTG cable in to iPad then RC, open up Go 4 and hey presto you should see what the Spark camera sees. Works for me and I got it from the Forum. There will be many other routes to follow. Bon chance.
Agree T, have been using this sequence for some time and seems to be the most reliable and consistent regards in flight connectivity !! (And distance)

Reactions: DaysOfNoah
1. Turn on Spark. Get the fan and "Taa-Daa" sound.
2. Turn controller on. Wait until green light.
3. Plug in OTG cable. iPhone says "Accessory May Not Be Supported"
4. Open DJI app. Ignore Precise Fly Safe update.
5. Zoom.

Mine always sets the home point itself. "The home point has been updated. Please check it on the map."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme