Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

sharing the Spark with family..

JMR

Join
Jun 8, 2017
Loc
eu
Hey, i am thinking of sharing the (ordered) Spark with our sons an daughters so they can pick up family moments and enjoy this flying camera also at their homes.
So far they don't have any drone flying experience!
Should this cause problems like 'Fly-aways' using their own wifi/smartphone, or does the Spark stays in the 30/m altitude - 100m/distance...?

When flying with a mobile device (no remote controller), the Spark is limited to a distance of 100 meters and height of 50 meters. There are settings in DJI GO to limit the distance/height further if needed.

Thanks for the info, looking forward to educate some new droners!;)

No issue having them use their own smartphones. I personally have to say that using a regular RC with the Spark will be easier. Being able to control from just a device is nice but having tactility with a regular RC I think is a bit easier for new users.

For ease of US users...control with a mobile device via wi-fi is capped to the below distances in feet.
Distance = 328 feet
Height = 164 feet

Reactions: JMR
Those distances seem adequate for what I will be using it for. Fly Less is maybe all I need, but bought a Fly More for the extra battery, charger, and remote control when I need it.

Reactions: Advexure
Got mine to 82m away and still had more distance to go, and this is in a 'CE' country. Not bad from phone...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit