Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Should you change wifi pasword or SSID of the Spark and RC

JMR

Join
Jun 8, 2017
Loc
eu
I'm asking this because resetting to factory settings are available by holding Home button for 9 sec., and wifi password is on the belly of the Spark, same for the RC all having the same password so far.
What if there is a fly away and the finder finds this out?, I don't think resetting paswords would help to keep the Spark linked to yourself, or am i wrong?..

What if there is a fly away and the finder finds this out?
Only one device can be linked to the Spark at a time. Even if the finder documented that information, it wouldn't be usable since they likely won't be in range and/or trying to connect to the Spark at the right time.

Thank you for answering. So if someone finds a Lost Spark, its impossible to reset to factory wifi settings(the 9 beeps) and link it with a new smartphone?

its impossible to reset to factory wifi settings(the 9 beeps) and link it with a new smartphone?
Performing that procedure will reset the name and password to what is shown on the label beneath the battery.

So loging into DJi Go app with the correct account is what really protects the owner, right?

Anybody could fly your Spark with their DJI account.

Reactions: JMR
That' s what i was thinking also msinger, thanks for confirming this, will keep the bird closer to me.
Don't want to lose this fantastic tool!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmizzoni