Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Signal lost

Jason

Join
Jul 23, 2017
So apparently it can go 1.2 miles but I do half of that and video feed lost to roc connection any tips?

Here are a few things to try:
  • Make sure there are no obstacles in between the Spark and remote controller
  • Fly in an area that is free of all interference (e.g. not in a neighborhood that has lots of Wi-Fi networks)
  • Disable Bluetooth on your mobile device if it's connected to the Spark remote controller via Wi-Fi (instead of an OTG cable)

Think that's what it was doing I flying in my back garden through the street I have otg cable

I am flying in open field no power or wifi nearby and im lucky to get 150 meters before video feed drops out

I am flying in open field no power or wifi nearby and im lucky to get 150 meters before video feed drops out
Are you using the RC?

Strange, should be really more. Got 600m at 5.8G and 1000m at 2.4G when fare from other wifi, in CE mode. But I got much less in urban area.
Any source of Bluetooth or Wi-Fi in some of your devices you take with you?
Antennas orientation?

Only Bluetooth or wifi if phone but Bluetooth is off and orientation of antennas is correct according to the way dji tell us to have them

Did you check in the settings, video feed if the wifi channels are quite?
You can try to rebind the RC to the Spark.

At longer range the spark is very sensitive to any obstruction between the RC antenna and the drone. Even your own body will cut signal... i mostly fly it from the boat and sometimes when swinging on anchor if line of sight gets disrupted the video signal flickers but gets restored right away if I move to get clear

With clear LOS, airplane mode on, otg, and the antennas correctly oriented I ve had no problem up to almost 4000' / 1200m. And that's usually standing within 20' or 30' of a high power router, cellular modem, and a bunch of phones and iPads scattered around making believe the link is actually pretty resistant to interference

I had that happen today but it was really quick. Lost connection then it came back within 5 seconds. Was up around 300 feet. Soon as it happened was like you are coming down. I think it was just the WiFi cutting out because I still had control. But it wouldn't let me get out of tripod mode even after I got it down to 7 feet. Ended up having to switch it to sport mode and back to get it to normal mode.

Try rebinding the remote controller to the spark, but keep the spark away a few meters distance from the remote controller when you do.

I'm just curious to see if this makes any difference for anyone else as it did for me. For some strange reason when I bound the remote controller sitting right next to the Spark, I got really crappy range out of it.

Last edited:
Think that's what it was doing I flying in my back garden through the street I have otg cable
That’s not what you’re doing at all.

Point two of @msinger's reply to you was flying in an area with no interference, WiFi etc.

You stated you’re flying down the street. The houses will block the signal, as will the WiFi signals coming from those houses.

Also, the OTG cable makes no difference.

In my own, very populated neighborhood I'm lucky to get ~1000' before I get lots of 'Signal Lost' drop outs from the Spark. When I look at the Wireless channel monitor there is TONS of interference.

When I traveled to my In Laws house who live in the middle of urban North Carolina I was able to get 3500+ without issues.

Location, Location, Location

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex