Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

So... I bought a Mavic Air and...

shawnski451

Join
Dec 3, 2017
Well, I'm a little underwhelmed I guess... at least for now. It appears that my computer and my phone can not handle the 4K or even the 2.7k footage. It performs very well but it's seems that the feed from the USB "GO" cable is kinda crappy ( I honestly like the wifi that the spark controller offers). The Spark is smooth, fast and responsive to the touch. I dont know ... Maybe I gotta give the Mavic a chance.

Oh btw... I'm not selling my Spark... I'm Keeping it. I love this little **** way too much.

Reactions: loup
When your Mavic Air records video at any resolution a low resolution version is recorded on you phone. Open the GO4 editor and check out the Album. These should also show up in the phone's photo app. Having the Google photos app will let you save all of your video to the cloud for free and play back anywhere. I usually shoot 2.7k but mostly output edits in 1080P.
You can never have too many drones, here is my fleet.
My Drones.jpg

One thing to check is the speed of your SD card. Or just get a new one that you know is FAST. Guys here can make some recommendations.

PNY "Elite" in green and gray is trash. Don't get this one:

10817SDtrash01.jpg

Reactions: shawnski451
I read a review saying the Galaxy S10+ phone is crap because of the lousy camera. It sure worked nice shooting those close up SD cards. The reviewer must be a troll.

Reactions: shawnski451
What @Hummingbird.UAV said.
But @Tentoes, he said Mavic Air (posting in Spark forum because he still owns a Spark - like me :D )
@shawnski451, You will need a U3 speed Micro SD card.
The ones for the Spark are not strong enough.
I recommend SanDisk:

I've been flying the Sparkplug for about a year and a half now and have taken quite a few pics and made a bunch of videos. I got a great deal on the Mavic Air ($650.00) and couldn't pass it up. My computer is pretty old and phone isn't the best or the newest (Moto G5plus) so, I'm kinda caulking this up as antiquated equipment vs State of the art technology.

I've been flying the Sparkplug for about a year and a half now and have taken quite a few pics and made a bunch of videos. I got a great deal on the Mavic Air ($650.00) and couldn't pass it up. My computer is pretty old and phone isn't the best or the newest (Moto G5plus) so, I'm kinda caulking this up as antiquated equipment vs State of the art technology.

I just re-read - I would suggest changing channels.
With interference you can see choppy video.
Something I learned at the DJI Photo Academy, make this part of your pre-flight checklist.

Select the channel display in DJI GO 4
Select custom
Then select the channel with least interference for the band you want to use.
Spark and Mavic Air need to be on the ground.
Higher models allow changing channels on the fly.

Reactions: Haggi
Can Sparks use 128GB cards?

Way past the threshold - too big

here is what is recommended:
Sandisk 16/32 GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Kingston 16/32 GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Samsung 16/32 GB UHS-I Micro SDHC
Sandisk 64 GB UHS-1 Micro SDXC
Kingston 64 GB UHS-1 Micro SDXC
Samsung 64 GB UHS-I Micro SDXC

I have the base SD card the spark came with (should I get a new one? this one cant hold much) and I have to port all my footage to my laptop after every 2-3 flights. the 32 GB sound good, should i get one of those bad boyz?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit