Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sound signal for low battery?

JMR

Join
Jun 8, 2017
Loc
eu
Is this possible to enable for Spark?
Always so busy watching the bird that i am sometimes surprised by the RTH caused by low battery(10%).
I have first low battery warning set on 30%, but this gives no sound warning like P4 does.
Using RC and device.

I don't think so. Maybe in a future update, who knows as it sounds very useful.

I get a low battery verbal warning at 30%, but only if i have the media volume turned up on my phone.
Yeah, i saw (heard) it also on a youtube film, it normally should give a verbal warning, but i only get the written message at the top bar in red with "low battery warning", and back lights of Spark blinking red!
I have contacted DJi support...

update: looked and listened again to that YT video and the alert sound i heard was the RTH!, so there was no low battery beeping, sorry.

Last edited:
DJi support ensured me that there is no beeping or verbal sound message for the first low battery(standard 30%) level on the Spark with Remote controller...???
Only visual warning in red at the top line of the DJi Go 4 app..., maybe with the next firmware update!

That's so strange that they would tell you that. I'm using the latest version of DJI Go 4 on Android 7.0 and I get a voice that says Low Battery at 30% (just tested this again about 30 minutes ago). I then get it again when it auto initiates RTH when the battery is almost completely drained.

Reactions: Kendallfordguy
No sound warning on low battery, confirmed by second contact(mail) with DJi support.

mg1.gif

Amadeo (Support)

8月15日 20:05 CST

Hi Jean,

Thank you for the prompt response

With this, yes we've confirmed that this is not yet available and should soon be out with one of the firmware updates that will be released.

Thank you for choosing DJI

Best Regards,
Amadeo P.
DJI Technical Support

19bc0eea4f03ec9e0cb43bbb55789097

Jean Marie Ruysschaert

8月15日 05:55 CST

Hi Amadeo, thanks for the response

Meanwhile i had a chat session with your DJi support college Cherry Rose, and after some look out for more information, he gave the message that a "sound warning” like beeping for the Spark (for low battery level) is not yet available, just the message in red on the top line of the DJi Go 4app shows me the low battery level, no BEEP or VERBAL message.
If you can confirm this, i can live with this issue, and hope a firmware update can solve this.

Thanks for your attention

JM

> Op 14 aug. 2017, om 19:31 heeft Amadeo (DJI Support) <[email protected]> het volgende geschreven:

They are correct that there is no beeping from the remote controller, but the app does give a verbal warning when you get to your low battery threshold which in my opinion is better than the beeping that way you do not confuse a low battery with the RTH beeping. I took a short video this morning in which you can hear the warning at the same time as the red low battery warning shows up on the screen.

Reactions: Kilrah
They are correct that there is no beeping from the remote controller, but the app does give a verbal warning when you get to your low battery threshold which in my opinion is better than the beeping that way you do not confuse a low battery with the RTH beeping. I took a short video this morning in which you can hear the warning at the same time as the red low battery warning shows up on the screen.

Perhaps that's available on Android devices only?

Should work on all, BUT you must ensure volume on your device is turned up, no "silent" switch, and potentially no "do not disturb" mode. Easy to miss especially on android where there are multiple volume settings for different things, the one we're interested in is "Media" but if you press the volume buttons while no media is playing you're adjusting the ringtone volume instead.

Reactions: BlancoRob

That doesn't make any sense? Because when I fly the spark using my Android device I get an audio low battery warning! However when I use this drone with my iOS I do not! It just doesn't make any sense why would they put the low battery verbal and audio warning in the Android operating system but not in the iOS operating system? I think DJI is just blowing smoke up our butts trying to just appease us with a convoluted answer? Come on DJI fix this stupid issue! I know for a fact two years ago when I was using the exact same iPad Mini that I did have audio indicating low battery! All of a sudden and a future update that no longer is there! We have to keep on DJI to implement this feature back in because we are not always looking at the screen, our eyes should be fixed on our little bird flying in the sky so sometimes you could miss the low battery and then be too far away to get the Drone back safely!

That's so strange that they would tell you that. I'm using the latest version of DJI Go 4 on Android 7.0 and I get a voice that says Low Battery at 30% (just tested this again about 30 minutes ago). I then get it again when it auto initiates RTH when the battery is almost completely drained.
The aircraft initiates landing at 10%, not RTH.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis