Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark 2 is ok!

How often do spark motors freeze up?
1st time ever for me... the Spark was a used model 'sold as seen' and I believe it was a faulty build, easily remedied in this case by just helping it turn by hand and then running it thro' a few batteries inside at the hover.

1st time ever for me... the Spark was a used model 'sold as seen' and I believe it was a faulty build, easily remedied in this case by just helping it turn by hand and then running it thro' a few batteries inside at the hover.
Sounds to me like it is unsafe to fly anywhere there are people ! If it freezes up again it could possibly land on people or property such as cars etc. it should be grounded until a new motor is installed!

Reactions: graywoulf
Sounds to me like it is unsafe to fly anywhere there are people ! If it freezes up again it could possibly land on people or property such as cars etc. it should be grounded until a new motor is installed!
each to their own chousehold4... Sorry if you mistake my attitude as careless... I take great care of my tech. As a Mechy in a previous life I learnt to build, strip, rebuild, test and retest equipment. Nothing is 100% infallible... nothing is without risk. I measure and minimise risk everyday as a person who values life and loved ones, inc my fav' tech.
Not for me the long distance or highest of high flights... I use my Sparks for photographing what i cannot achieve otherwise.
If I lived by all the what ifs in life I would never fly any drone, ride any motorcycle, go near any water while fishing, use sharp knives when carving food, use my diy CNC ... the list goes on... even my weekly shopping trip is fraught with unseen dangers these days...

Let be be clear ! I was not trying to insult you in any way nor was I talking about your safety while riding motorcycles and all the other daring things you do , I was just pointing out that safety first when operating a drone is a good practice drones and drone operators are being chastised for being operated in reckless manor! Your safety is your choice endangering the safety of others is not!

Let be be clear ! I was not trying to insult you in any way nor was I talking about your safety while riding motorcycles and all the other daring things you do , I was just pointing out that safety first when operating a drone is a good practice drones and drone operators are being chastised for being operated in reckless manor! Your safety is your choice endangering the safety of others is not!
you were doing so well until you decided to end with an exclamation!

Even new parts can have issues.
Any mechy would spin the motor of any new part to get confidence. We would never take the new part for granted.
I spun the motor in question and then freed it by gentle persuasion and subsequently did indoor and outdoor tests... I am going to leave this post here now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme