Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark acting crazy

SarrFox

Join
Nov 30, 2018
I'm new to the spark. Was flying it with only the remote (no device) and it was doing well until the battery started getting low. Then it was not responding to the remote control inputs. It was only a few feet from me when it happened. But I'm afraid to take my first high flight lest it flies away. Thoughts?

I'm new to the spark. Was flying it with only the remote (no device) and it was doing well until the battery started getting low. Then it was not responding to the remote control inputs. It was only a few feet from me when it happened. But I'm afraid to take my first high flight lest it flies away. Thoughts?
Fly with a mobile device. It is extremely important to do so because that way you can calibrate the sensors if it is needed. Without it, you are flying blind.

Reactions: Prayingdsr and Jana
I

I figured that I'd have no compass or gps issues that might cause strange behavior if I wasn't using the app while just playing around in my yard.

The GPS antenna and compass are on the Spark its self -- not the mobile device. So they can still have issues -- you just won't know it because the RC alone can't warn you. Much safer to fly with a screen for error messages and camera view.

As many others had stated, get a mobile device.

If you insist on flying without one, then make sure you understand what the Spark is telling you by the indicator lights.

20180526_053532.png

Just because the light on the remote goes GREEN, you may not be ready to go with a GPS lock.

Fly safe.:)

I've found that it don't matter with a phone or with out intel DJI does something with there software for the spark drone it will always have problem's. Some people will tell you they have never had a issue with the spark drone and then there are the horror story's.. Either way just have fun with it tell an issue happens then you can worry. It is a lot better to have a phone connected that way you can see what's going on and where it is flying. As time goes on you will get a lot braver an fly further. All the little hint's that people give use them all as time goes on you'll see why and understand it all. Take care an good luck

Reactions: Rocco Germani
I've found that it don't matter with a phone or with out intel DJI does something with there software for the spark drone it will always have problem's. Some people will tell you they have never had a issue with the spark drone and then there are the horror story's.
Well the problem is - people are always eager to tell the horror stories but the one's who are having a great time flying are too lazy to share their happy stories.

Well the problem is - people are always eager to tell the horror stories but the one's who are having a great time flying are too lazy to share their happy stories.

Yeah the truth about the spark drone is not so good. With that being said after you do have a fly away then DJI treat's you like crap! Or at least they put me through the ringer. I did everything the right way talk nice never once did I ever lose my temper or cuss them out and Dji treated me like I stoled millions from them then beat there kid's up! An I still never got out of line with them I just did not understand why they did that to me when all I ask them Is to please get done with whatever they needed to do then let me know what can be done about getting me another drone? So besides that when I would go out and fly my drone there was little issue's but I still had fun with it.. When I crashed my drone most of the time it was my fault trying to see what I could get the drone to do.. Or I would go out an fly at sunset to take pictures of the sunset and change the settings to make the pictures change there colors a little bit and I got some really cool pic's... But yeah the spark is really fun to fly and to do some neat video and pictures with but if you want to fly it far then I would say get a bigger drone for that because DJI has used a lot of Deception on the spark drone an I just find that sad.. Just keep it with in a 1/2 mile of you that is if your in an open field and you'll be ok to fly it with out any worries if it does go down an you use the (find my drone) when you have a phone hooked up it will lead you right to your drone. After my drone went down the first time I started the next day with flying my drone and would set my drone down then would hit the (find my drone) and would go out and find the drone an it took me right where it said it was.. I think Dec 16th 2018 was when my drone flew off an have not found it.. But if you have a tablet or your phone hook up to your remote try setting your drone down it a safe place and practice finding it so you get the hang of it and don't panic if it ever does happens... Remember you have it to have fun so try what I'm telling you it's like a Easter egg hunt but more expensive.. LOL Take care If you need help just yell I try to check my mail at least once a week

Yeah the truth about the spark drone is not so good. With that being said after you do have a fly away then DJI treat's you like crap! Or at least they put me through the ringer. I did everything the right way talk nice never once did I ever lose my temper or cuss them out and Dji treated me like I stoled millions from them then beat there kid's up! An I still never got out of line with them I just did not understand why they did that to me when all I ask them Is to please get done with whatever they needed to do then let me know what can be done about getting me another drone? So besides that when I would go out and fly my drone there was little issue's but I still had fun with it.. When I crashed my drone most of the time it was my fault trying to see what I could get the drone to do.. Or I would go out an fly at sunset to take pictures of the sunset and change the settings to make the pictures change there colors a little bit and I got some really cool pic's... But yeah the spark is really fun to fly and to do some neat video and pictures with but if you want to fly it far then I would say get a bigger drone for that because DJI has used a lot of Deception on the spark drone an I just find that sad.. Just keep it with in a 1/2 mile of you that is if your in an open field and you'll be ok to fly it with out any worries if it does go down an you use the (find my drone) when you have a phone hooked up it will lead you right to your drone. After my drone went down the first time I started the next day with flying my drone and would set my drone down then would hit the (find my drone) and would go out and find the drone an it took me right where it said it was.. I think Dec 16th 2018 was when my drone flew off an have not found it.. But if you have a tablet or your phone hook up to your remote try setting your drone down it a safe place and practice finding it so you get the hang of it and don't panic if it ever does happens... Remember you have it to have fun so try what I'm telling you it's like a Easter egg hunt but more expensive.. LOL Take care If you need help just yell I try to check my mail at least once a week
DJI is a horrible company simply because of their customer interactions. There is a reason they have $150Million in fraud. I don't plan on buying another DJI drone simply due to their last minute fee's in the repair and customer service process. It is unacceptable and I will not give them anymore business if I have to. My next drone will likely be an Autel Evo, I hear their customer support is incredibly good.

DJI is a horrible company simply because of their customer interactions. There is a reason they have $150Million in fraud. I don't plan on buying another DJI drone simply due to their last minute fee's in the repair and customer service process. It is unacceptable and I will not give them anymore business if I have to. My next drone will likely be an Autel Evo, I hear their customer support is incredibly good.

It's a matter of time there will be another company that will make drones when that happens DJI will change there B.S. an stop treating people like crap. Where I got my trouble is from DJI's people over seas. When DJI finely told me how to get another drone I could not use a credit card or even a debit card they made me use Pay pal that tells me they are doing cash deals! That means there not paying tax's on the USA side..

I've found that it don't matter with a phone or with out intel DJI does something with there software for the spark drone it will always have problem's. Some people will tell you they have never had a issue with the spark drone and then there are the horror story's.. Either way just have fun with it tell an issue happens then you can worry. It is a lot better to have a phone connected that way you can see what's going on and where it is flying. As time goes on you will get a lot braver an fly further. All the little hint's that people give use them all as time goes on you'll see why and understand it all. Take care an good luck

Much appreciated. Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67