Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark altitude world record 5014 meters

That has been explained in post #16 (quoted below).

Very good explanation. Any object falling from height is dangerous. This is the reason why drone regulations of all countries specifically put a cap on the maximum altitude we should fly at. However regarding distance, there is never a clear cut limit. Almost all of them only say - Fly in VLOS.
Thanks Nilanjan. Is it just me though that thinks it’s irresponsible? Nobody may have been killed by a falling drone yet, but do we really wanna wait till that happens? And what about the possible repercussions for all drone owners? If you wanna do something like that, surely doing it in a desert or over the sea the most responsible Way?

This "splat calculator" is very VERY inaccurate.

In real world, every object falling in the AIR, reaches a maximum speed (terminal velocity) and stops accelerating any more.

A Spark battery (or a Spark with battery) falling from 5 km, will hit the ground with a speed of 60 to 90 kph (don't have the time to calculate exactly right know).
It's far FAR smaller than the ...1000 kph of the splat calculator.

Also, drones (until now) are NOT dangerous.
There isn't a single death, caused by a drone, in whole world.

Finally, if someone flies illegally, that means that the airspace he flies in, is already regulated.

If height limit is 120m, what stricter can be done? It is already forbidden to fly higher.

Violation of rules, is an authorities matter.
We are not police or judges, and we don't know the whole story.
You are wrong there was a person in the USA that died when he tried to rescue a drone caught in electric cables he was electrocuted!

It's posts like this that give the drone community a bad name! Keep posting stuff like this and give the FAA more ammunition to regulate us to the point where we won't be able to fly anymore!!

It's posts like this that give the drone community a bad name! Keep posting stuff like this and give the FAA more ammunition to regulate us to the point where we won't be able to fly anymore!!
Remember the video is from China not the US. It's of course very illegal to do what the guy did but you need to remember that this is a modified spark with modified batteries, which makes this even more illegal.

I agree with the negative comments. If everyone just stuck to their common sense rules then we would not have so many people wanting to ban drones altogether. Flying at this altitude especially when you have no idea of air traffic in the area is just stupid and dangerous, not to mention, completely pointless.

Some of you just have to much time on your hands! It is great that you read but when you read everything that cross your eye's like what you can and can't do then you try to police other's with what you read? It's time for you to find a new hobby that your not acting like a COP! Or Bitching about kid's out side playing it's just so sad that if someone is out side minding there own business there is always someone that has to come along and trys to tell that person how they should be doing what they are doing.. So go back an stick your nose back in your book's and Police your self on how you get into other business.. Am I trying to piss someone off with this? I just don't care who get's pissed I come in here to try and help others with problems in regards to issues with the spark drone and not act like some cop... One middle finger in the air for you bitchie peeps 1 life to live, Have fun PEACE OUT PEEPS

ok, i will try this again what spark do you know can reach this height????? there is a lot missing on the controller vid like no battery read out!! is this a legit vid????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast