Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark and IOS

Red Rider

Join
Oct 9, 2017
I have a new spark and am a dedicated android user. My question is do I fly Wi-Fi from my Samsung S8 or find an I phone or pad to dedicate to flying OTG. If so what is the minimum IPhone/pad I can use?

Reactions: Red Rider
I have a new spark and am a dedicated android user. My question is do I fly Wi-Fi from my Samsung S8 or find an I phone or pad to dedicate to flying OTG. If so what is the minimum IPhone/pad I can use?
I’ve tried both. Since DJI does not support OTG cable with the Android. I say that IOS+OTG is much better. DJI recommends IOS 9 or better.

I use an iPhone 6s Plus which works really well and fits great in the RC arms. There are some cables online that go from a micro usb to lightning directly (ie without an adaptor) which is what I use.
Just make sure you turn the RC on first, then the Spark and wait for the green light on the RC (red changes to green when Spark is connected to RC) and THEN plug your cable into the RC first and finally the phone. The phone will moan that the device isn't supported but I've used mine on many flights (100+) and I haven't had a single problem.

I use an iPhone 6s Plus which works really well and fits great in the RC arms. There are some cables online that go from a micro usb to lightning directly (ie without an adaptor) which is what I use.
Just make sure you turn the RC on first, then the Spark and wait for the green light on the RC (red changes to green when Spark is connected to RC) and THEN plug your cable into the RC first and finally the phone. The phone will moan that the device isn't supported but I've used mine on many flights (100+) and I haven't had a single problem.
Thank you. The sequence seems to be more important than I realized.

I'm an android user and I bought a Nuvision Solo 8, running Nougat, specifically for my Spark. There is an older version of the Go 4 app that works great with android and OTG.

I use an ipod Touch 6 for close proximity, and an ipad mini4 for distances up to 1/2 mile. Personally don’t use an OTG any longer.

But I think, any brand will work as long as it has the right specs.
It comes down to how much you want to invest. Not which one is better. It’s like debating democrat vs republican. Lol
Cheers

Reactions: BrilhasMuito

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar