Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark and iPad mini4

canaanbill

Join
Jul 5, 2017
Someone responded last week to my complaint about battery life on an iPhone 6. The responder suggested he had purchased an iPad mini4 and that fixed the battery drain issue. So, how the heck did you mount that with the controller?

I've done it. You have to max out the left and right arms as far as they will go. Then slide the mini between them. The top corners of the mini will poke through the open holes/spaces in the arms. I can take a pic if it helps

It's a tight squeeze the first time, but gets easier after a few attempts fitting into the RC. I use about 7-8% of the iPad mini 4 battery running dji go 4 (latest version) for two full flights.

Switching gears, I notice all the pics posted show the home button set up on the left hand? I've been using iPad with home button on the right hand. Haven't had any issues, just wondering if it matters?

I have wifi only iPad mini 4 just to be clear.

Agreed, it seemed like I was going to break the arms the first time, but it fit.

On the home button...I think that's more muscle memory. I also own a mavic. The lightning connector is on the left hand side so I just orient it the same way for the spark the same way.

The Mavic controllers have shown some mag interference if the IPAD magnet side is against the controller. Hence why we run with the menu button on the RIGHT.

I run my Ipad Mini with the Menu Button on the left so I can have access to the Ipad buttons (typically set to volume). No issues. I've also run it this way on my Mavic and have had no issues.

I did see the video where this guy shows measurable interference, but I've not found it to interfere with my Spark or Mavic. Lets just say I've flown my Mavic quite some distance and never had a loss of signal or any issues. Just my experience as I think its not a bad idea to keep magnetic fields away from the controller...

The Mavic controllers have shown some mag interference if the IPAD magnet side is against the controller. Hence why we run with the menu button on the RIGHT.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme