Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark and old water tower

windryder

Join
Aug 16, 2018
I've been asked by the Mayor of the town I live in to take a video of some repairs on the catwalk on the old water tower. A week ago I flew to the top of the tower with no issues until the next flight at a local park. My spark went into ATTI mode. I'm wondering if that flight just before at the water tower could have been the reason for the ATTI mode episode! Also has anyone else flown around a water tower, and if you have any suggestions for flying near such structures? Attached is a photo of the water tower from the last time I flew near it. Thankswatertower catwalk 2.jpgwatertower catwalk 2.jpg

It shouldn't affect it. Sometimes there is just a bad signal with the gps. Try again and keep it within eyesight. Atti mode you still have full control over the drone, just no GPS so if it starts to act weird just correct the behaviour. If the tower is metal then you may want to recalibrate your compass before your next flight. Out in the open, away from power lines and metal structures.

Reactions: windryder
It shouldn't affect it. Sometimes there is just a bad signal with the gps. Try again and keep it within eyesight. Atti mode you still have full control over the drone, just no GPS so if it starts to act weird just correct the behaviour. If the tower is metal then you may want to recalibrate your compass before your next flight. Out in the open, away from power lines and metal structures.
When it went into ATTI mode after flying the water tower I lost all control, GPS and the compass quit. For a couple of seconds the spark took off like it was in sport mode and there was no wind. I will post how it went after. Thanks..

Reactions: hondacura93

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502