Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark battery charge or not?

LetnayaPogoda

Join
Nov 23, 2019
One of my Spark batteries is depleted completely, not even one light. I won't be flying it for a few weeks. Is it OK to leave it like that, or should I charge it to two or more lights?

It's depleted because I forgot to look at remaining battery life, and was too far away. The Spark told me I had 10 seconds to bring it home, but I didn't make it in time.. It returned to home automatically which in this case depleted the battery.

One of my Spark batteries is depleted completely, not even one light. I won't be flying it for a few weeks. Is it OK to leave it like that, or should I charge it to two or more lights?

It's depleted because I forgot to look at remaining battery life, and was too far away. The Spark told me I had 10 seconds to bring it home, but I didn't make it in time.. It returned to home automatically which in this case depleted the battery.
I think you should definitely recharge it as soon as possible or you may permanently damage it.

I would charge it to 50-60%. It is better for the battery not to be stored near empty nor full. If you want to know lots of technical information on batteries read BatteryUniversity and browse around that website.

By the way the spark wasn't saying you had 10 seconds to bring it home. It was saying it was going to start returning to home in 10 seconds, which you can CANCEL if you feel so obligated. You can also cancel the procedure when it is already going if desired.

One of my Spark batteries is depleted completely, not even one light.

Charge it ASAP. :)

Most, if not all, DJI batteries are "intelligent" and need to be charged at a minimum level to maintain the health of the battery.

It's good to set a reminder on the calendar once a month to check the batteries and bring them up to 50% if you're not going to use them for a while.

DJI batteries will start a self discharge cycle after a period of time to help preserve them.

Once the battery goes past the point of of preserving "intelligence", the battery will be a paper weight.

Most, if not all, DJI batteries are "intelligent" and need to be charged at a minimum level to maintain the health of the battery.

It's good to set a reminder on the calendar once a month to check the batteries and bring them up to 50% if you're not going to use them for a while.

DJI batteries will start a self discharge cycle after a period of time to help preserve them.

Once the battery goes past the point of of preserving "intelligence", the battery will be a paper weight.

Thank you for the info and good help.

Reactions: Spark 317

Thank you for the info and good help.

Thank you very much for this info and help.

Try charging to full charge then put it in spark start spark , dont take off let it sit on floor and run until battery is down to about 10%, then recharge this is supposed to reboot the battery . Hope this helps. Engie..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef