Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Battery

Yes mine that I got yesterday only had 1 green light of charge. I charged them and they were fine. I did have to update the firmware for both batteries before I was able to fly with them.

I just purchased 2 Spark batteries from Best Buy. Both show no charge at all. Is this normal? When I got my Spark fly-more combo both batteries showed some charge.
Something is not quite right as if you fully discharge a lipo, the results could include fire and possible explosion. Do you have a multimeter to check the actual voltage output of these batteries? As anything under 3 volts can be damaging and these are 3 cell, if they are showing 9 volts or under, I'd return them

Yes mine that I got yesterday only had 1 green light of charge. I charged them and they were fine. I did have to update the firmware for both batteries before I was able to fly with them.
Thanks Anto407. Did you get these from BB? Have you flown the Spark and get at least a 10min flight.

Something is not quite right as if you fully discharge a lipo, the results could include fire and possible explosion. Do you have a multimeter to check the actual voltage output of these batteries? As anything under 3 volts can be damaging and these are 3 cell, if they are showing 9 volts or under, I'd return them

I have a voltmeter and will check them later today. Thanks.

Yes I got them yesterday at best buy and got good flight time when I flew them

Were yours completely dead or was a green light on showing it has around 25%?

They would most likely be in hibernation when you purchased them.
Mine were exactly the same when I bought the fly more pack.

Reactions: Hddeuce03
Thanks Ands, that is what I think as well. Just checking what others haveexperianced.

Could you please give me some pin-out information so I could measure the voltage?

This video is long so watch at your leisure but it is a very informative video concerning the Spark battery.

Hibernation mode, storage, pins on the battery, voltages, etc. are all discussed.

Reactions: Cody j Waldron
To all that helped: These 2 batts may have been in hibernation mode. Charger them, upgraded firmware and seems OK. May test fly tomorrow if the weather is not 100F+ and windy.

I bought one from BB and it had no light. I continued to “fiddle with it by putting it on various terminals pressing the button and finally it starting the charge. I flew with it and it was fine and now recharges as normal. Good luck and fly safe!

Perfectly normal. Batteries may be on the shelf for a while, as a self protection measure they are shipped in a hibernation mode to preserve the battery. I.e. if you do not use the current battery for a long time, they may eventually go into that mode as well, for self protection.

Reactions: Hddeuce03

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis