Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Charging

redrydermedia

Join
Jun 22, 2017
I like that Spark charges with a USB to miniUSB cable. The std Spark charger says it outputs 5v at 3amps. I think that's 15 watts.

The iPad USB charger says it outputs 10 watts. That would mean I can use the iPad charger as a backup, it will just take 50% longer to charge. Not ideal, but works in a pinch.

When I'm traveling with Spark, I at least know I have a plan B! I tested it, and while I didn't time it, I was able to charge a Spark battery with the iPad charger.

I don't know how many Volts or Amps a cigarette outlet charger outputs. But when out and about that would be plan C. I know it works, because I tried it, just don't know how long it would take....i.e., how practical that solution is.

Anyway just to correct your statement a bit. It's a micro USB port not mini USB... Yes I am not fun at parties at all I realized.

Anyway just to correct your statement a bit. It's a micro USB port not mini USB... Yes I am not fun at parties at all I realized.
Thank you! I appreciate the correction! The micro USB is so common.....I have several of them to charge the booster batteries I use to keep my ancient iPhone charged during the day!

Yes I agreed. With the micro USB it just open up a hell lot of possibilities. I actually din know we can charge it via that port. As I own a phantom 3 and I just do it the old fashion way which is remove the Batts and charge it via the dock. [emoji16]

Yes I agreed. With the micro USB it just open up a hell lot of possibilities. I actually din know we can charge it via that port. As I own a phantom 3 and I just do it the old fashion way which is remove the Batts and charge it via the dock. [emoji16]
I don't have a dock.....always charge through the microUSB.

Looking through my iPhone booster chargers, I have a Belkin booster about the size of a pack of cigarettes....turns out it outputs 5v at 3.4amps......that should charge Spark too....???
Spark battery holds 17watthours, and the Belkin 24watthours.
Any reason why that shouldn't work?

I'm thinking some of the charging energy goes into charging the Spark battery, but some energy goes into heating up the Spark battery (they're warm when they finish charging). That means I will need more than 16watthours of energy to charge a Spark battery. Anyone know how inefficient the charging process is?

Last edited:
Will a Phantom dock charge Spark batteries?

This brings up an interesting idea as far as charging on the go. Has anyone found a small portable charger? I wish there was one with no cords that just plugged into the wall and hung on the outlet, even if it only had 1 bay it would be much more portable. The charger that came with the Spark is bigger than the Spark itself....

This brings up an interesting idea as far as charging on the go. Has anyone found a small portable charger? I wish there was one with no cords that just plugged into the wall and hung on the outlet, even if it only had 1 bay it would be much more portable. The charger that came with the Spark is bigger than the Spark itself....
Think my friend was asking whether is there a portable charging dock that can be powered by a portable battery. That will make life more easy. [emoji3]

I wish they would have allowed a micro USB port to be on each battery so they could be charged independent from the Drone
They made the charger hub for 3 batteries. Why would they kill such sales ? Also it is charged in a more controlled way and reduce risk of surprise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex