Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Crashed

Jake Nunnelee

Join
Jan 1, 2018
Maybe someone can explain to me why this is happening. I just tried to fly my spark first time in a couple of days. Anyways when I connected everything it had a firmware update on the dji go app. I done the update and everything was okay to fly. Well when I took off it was acting funny. When I tried to go up it would stall and then it would go up. It kept doing that. Then I was hovering maybe 4 feet and the propellers turned off and fell. Any ideas on what could have caused this?

Maybe someone can explain to me why this is happening. I just tried to fly my spark first time in a couple of days. Anyways when I connected everything it had a firmware update on the dji go app. I done the update and everything was okay to fly. Well when I took off it was acting funny. When I tried to go up it would stall and then it would go up. It kept doing that. Then I was hovering maybe 4 feet and the propellers turned off and fell. Any ideas on what could have caused this?

Post your flight log here... Some of us will take a look at it to see if we can help.

"When I tried to go up it would stall" You also said the propellers "turned off."

Maybe a bent or dirty connector pin. Sounds power related. Maybe a defective battery. Does it act the same with other batteries?
I have 3 batteries and they all work fine. I didn't try any of the other batteries after that mishap. It dive a firmware update after that. So I'm going to try it again, maybe it helped.

Reactions: Donny
I have 3 batteries and they all work fine. I didn't try any of the other batteries after that mishap. It dive a firmware update after that. So I'm going to try it again, maybe it helped.

2nd request...post your flight log...or perhaps you really don't want all assistance possible?

Reactions: Sparkster
For some reason I didn't get these answers. I checked the flight logs and they were so chopped up from me landing it over and over. I took the Spark back out today to try it again and it done fine. It did do a firmware update so maybe that fixed it. Sorry for me not responding.

In case you don't do it, once you attach a battery, tug on it firmly to make sure it doesn't detatch with a pull.. Mine came loose at 195 ft. and took a dive. Wasn't a good result. (just the casing around It, don't pull the connecting tabs)

Unfortunately, they can appear to be firmly seated, still work, but are in danger of getting loose.

Reactions: Jake Nunnelee
In case you don't do it, once you attach a battery, tug on it firmly to make sure it doesn't detatch with a pull.. Mine came loose at 195 ft. and took a dive. Wasn't a good result. (just the casing around It, don't pull the connecting tabs)

Unfortunately, they can appear to be firmly seated, still work, but are in danger of getting loose.
Wow didn't know that. I'll do that from now on.. thanks for the heads up!

Ever since I saw a video on youtube, and heard of the battery falling out issue...I bought me this on amazon. Works perfectly. Very srong wont break easily...had my spark grounded, and used my mavic until I got them. Prevetion is much better than a cure[emoji109] View attachment 351320180212_194244.jpg

Welcome. Thats what we are here for. To help each other, and give advice. Ive been using mine over a month now almost every day switching batteries. It strong and holds well. Take care[emoji109]
Appreciate it! Also I see you have holders on your propellers. What would you recommend on that?

Appreciate it! Also I see you have holders on your propellers. What would you recommend on that?
Those are just to keep the props in place in its case, and when I am walking with the spark in my hand before, and after flights. Got the legs, ane prop guards on amazon too.

Reactions: Jake Nunnelee

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis