Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark crashes on takeoff

I have 4 batteries and it happens on all.
Where did you upload it to see the voltages?

Airdata.com, the same way I reviewed. I’ve got several of my Spark logs that are similar to yours, but terrible compass errors also.

FWIW, my Spark is now acting almost perfectly. I reset the AC, reset the controller, re-paired the RC with Spark, and all well. I am using an OTG wire with I7. I regularly brush a little contact spray on battery connector protectant.

I feel for ya, this does seem to be the exact problem I've had, and every time I bring it up, I get the same answers from everyone. Try this, try that, try this. It's so frustrating because you can't ever truly replicate the problem. You try one of those things and yes it worked problem solved, only to find it comes back two flights later, so then you try something else. Yes it worked, only to have it come back again 4 flights later. In a way I'm glad to hear someone else is having the same problem, it was driving me mad that I seemed to be the only one having it to this extent. And since its now out of warranty DJI couldn't care less. "send it to our service center" is all they will say, but the posts I've read about their service center doesn't give you any confidence that they actually do anything to fix the drones, they just take them apart and then tell you you need a new one and since you have no warranty you are paying for everything. I can't even get DJI to admit that their "service center" has a real person working in it. They refuse to give me a local number to talk to anyone there.

Yup,

I’ve never tried to call them. Personally, I think it is a software/firmware bug....that only occurs under certain environments, and certain pilot actions, i.e. Isha’s & my logs show the same RTH and max altitude being set to 98 feet, and then reset to 16 feet in 1 second!

I can replicate my jumping bean and near flyaway events, and can eradicate them (but only separately). It must be a bug.

I use the same phone, same OTG cable, and calib compass and IMU when flying from any new location. I have used 60% of a battery waiting for GPS to lock. So far, so good.

A guy with a similar issue noticed it stopped when he changed the SD card. He thought the old sd card was too slow. I've always been curious if this is actually a thing.

That could well be part of the problem. The Spark has a lot of tasks to accomplish mid-flight. There is more than video written to the SD card. Recently, DJI4 whined that the SD in my M2P was too slow.

I took a look at your log, I hate to tell you, but it looks like you took off before obtaining any GPS lock at all.

After 6 seconds 4 satellites registered, and ATTI mode started when it dropped to 3, but recovered.

From 1:15-1:44 you completely lost radio control, and the AC might have learned its position, but didn’t know where the HP was. Fortunately, your compass was working. The AC was probably drifting, and radio signal came back.

A few tips:

1. Wait to fly until the Home Point is recorded. Set your mobile volume high. DJI will tell you.

2. Do NOT use RTH/AutoLand if you are having problems. Land manually.

3. Record you Home Point

Safe flying!
That’s just one of the logs, tried waiting to get a good GPS signal and it still behaves the same.
Actually the RTH and AutoLand works just fine.

That’s just one of the logs, tried waiting to get a good GPS signal and it still behaves the same.
Actually the RTH and AutoLand works just fine.

Based on the your posted log, RTH must have been a fun ride ;-)

HP was never recorded in the log you sent.

Whenever your AC acts flaky, use the sticks to fly to a safe spot, and do it manually. Assuming the barometer data was somewhat accurate, something went haywire with the radio. You had 100% all 5 minutes, and 0% for 30 seconds.

By all means, reset AC with Assistant, delete every SSID from your mobile (or disable auto join), erase Go4, format SD card inside the Spark.

There are too many variables to accurately diagnose. After reviewing your log, and seeing that we both lowered our RTH after 1 second, I’ve lost confidence in them.

My spark seems to do the same, but only occasionally and that seems to be if I take off using controller. If I use launch button on phone it seems to be ok..??
I now do all launches using screen launch button, then leave it hovering for about 30-45sec to stabilise before using the controller.

I do the complete opposite, and take off manually, but do use RTH...then take over and land manually....and, just for clarity, there is no "Auto Launch" anywhere. Not for nukes, bottle rockets, drones, water pistol coke bottle 'jets', water balloons, old Estes model rockets, or even a fire alarm...use DJI terminology, to not confuse new pilots. TIA...fly safe :)

I do the complete opposite, and take off manually, but do use RTH...then take over and land manually....and, just for clarity, there is no "Auto Launch" anywhere. Not for nukes, bottle rockets, drones, water pistol coke bottle 'jets', water balloons, old Estes model rockets, or even a fire alarm...use DJI terminology, to not confuse new pilots. TIA...fly safe :)

Your log really helped me figure out my problem. Thanks, but I don’t have days to re-analyze what’s going on with your Spark.

DJI can extract much more detailed logs than what others can obtain.

Experiment with Www.phantomhelp.com & datfile.net. Thanks for the portion you sent. :)

You need to decode, and analyze, and interpret the data. It took me days to filter the nonsense data out.

My raw data is posted, have at it.

Best

Ok, so I found the problem.
My friend has a spark with a dead MB and Gimbel so I did the switch and the spark is now working flawlessly which concludes that It must be a faulty motor or ESC.
Thanks everybody for the help!

Reactions: DaysOfNoah
Hi all,

When I try to takeoff, my spark goes up as usual but when I push the throttle it has a hard time pulling up and ends up bouncing on the ground.
Needless to say I broke a few propeller and some new scratches to the spark's body.
I've been having this issue since day but it happened occasionally and now it happens almost every time.
I know this has been an issue for some other owners and I found some posts online but I could not find any solution.
If someone had this issue before and found a way to fix it, i'll be grateful.

Thanks.
Hi all I can suggest is make sure your compass is callibrated also you have enough satalites. Don't try and fly near metallic objects.

I had a similar problem just took off sent it off but they couldn't find any faults. Hope you sort thus out

Had a compass error this morning. Did not take off. Must have been some rebar in the concrete. I moved off the concrete and it was happy to take off there.

Sadly, sounds like a trip to DJI. Hopefully, it's not tooo expensive.

Hi Sparkies I have had this hopping problem on two occasions months apart both times it has been very hot weather yesterday the second time , but temperature was only 35cel I suspect the spark doesn’t like the heat ,this is not a proven fact but ,at this time a very strong suspicion,I would very much appreciate an answer to this problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme