Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark discontinued?

Surfnut

Join
Feb 23, 2019
I’ve read elsewhere on here that the Sparks been discontinued... I’m staggered by this? I’m amazing more people aren’t commenting on it too....Why discontinue it before you have Spark 2 ready to go, and if you aren’t planning on making a Spark 2, I’m sorry, but again, why discontinue the Spark when it’s selling so well?

Well I’m thrilled to hear that, but I swear I was reading a post on here last night, basically to that effect. I ll try n find it again... once again, that’s fantastic news :)

When products have been discontinued, they are no longer available for sale on DJI's website and they usually pop up a message suggesting another comparable product be purchased instead.

Reactions: Surfnut
Some colors are not available at the moment, that was the reason for the last thread

Some colors are not available at the moment, that was the reason for the last thread
That’s right Paul, colours no longer being available, was one of the topics, and when contacted, Dji said they wouldn’t be re supplying? Can you point me to the post , cos I can’t seem to find it now...

When products have been discontinued, they are no longer available for sale on DJI's website and they usually pop up a message suggesting another comparable product be purchased instead.
Ok thanks. I’m delighted what I read seems to be incorrect :)

I’ve read elsewhere on here that the Sparks been discontinued... I’m staggered by this? I’m amazing more people aren’t commenting on it too....Why discontinue it before you have Spark 2 ready to go, and if you aren’t planning on making a Spark 2, I’m sorry, but again, why discontinue the Spark when it’s selling so well?

A Spark 2 doesn't seem likely with the Mavic Air out there... just my opinion! :)

This is one of the links I saw:

Since right after Christmas, none of the Wal*Marts in my area seem to have ANY drones in stock. They still have the display, just no drones (except possibly cheapo junk in the toy department).

Reactions: Surfnut
Since right after Christmas, none of the Wal*Marts in my area seem to have ANY drones in stock. They still have the display, just no drones (except possibly cheapo junk in the toy department).
The Spark is out of production. We shall see if or what it is replaced with. If you want a Spark you better get it now because soon they will be gone

I wondered about that when I purchased mine last Black Friday when it was on sale for about 20% off and they included the remote control. Drone only cost more than the RC AC combo. That told me something was going on with inventory and I guessed it might be toward the end of its production run. The other clue was that for the Christmas market, there were only a few colors available and a company gearing up for Christmas wouldn't be limiting inventory (that leaves $$ on the table). It is the reason I got one as I figured DJI might not have one at this price point for much longer.

Sorry to say I have been informed and am fairly satisfied the Spark production was discontinued late 2018. Authorised dealers received notification to that effect. As I said in the other thread, anyone who has bought a new Spark with a manufacture date on the box after Nov 2018 speak up please.

DJI will continue to list it on their web site until there is no stock left. There was quite a bit of stock in hand (and still is but rapidly declining) but more white was manufactured than any other colour.

No notification has been given of a replacement. As Vapor069 has pointed out, the wishlist for a "Spark 2 or Pro" goes along the lines of longer flight time, folding arms, 4k camera, 3 axis gimbal and these alone would push it's size and price point to about where the Mavic Air is now. I'm not even going to go into occusync, they couldn't get that into the Air for that price. So all in all, a replacement for the Spark is low odds.

As to why they ceased ... who knows with DJI. The model is 2 years old which is about the normal life span of an airframe for DJI but as mentioned above however, if they can't do anything better at the price point you'd think they'd keep manufacturing it as it was indeed to perfect entry point.

This is one of those times I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

Regards
Ari

Reactions: Paul215 and msinger
They should come out with a Spark 2 with folding arms and a 35 minute flight time and just blow everyone away.
Folding arms is a negative for me. Why build something that makes it weaker, more susceptible to break? It already is sleak and small enough to carry anywhere and very strong the way it is built. Just give us more flight time and a controller with built in monitor and it'll be perfect, so easy to launch anywhere, anytime.

Why build something that makes it weaker, more susceptible to break?

I happen to agree with you, I like the current layout of the spark and although I own them all I'm not a huge fan of the Mavic line but we are in the minority. To the vast majority of buyers portability is the most important aspect. They want 4K, 50Mph, 3 axis gimbal with occusynch and they want it and a full flymore pack and a carrying bag and they want to be able to carry it in their jockstrap. ;)

Regards
Ari

Reactions: Paul215
Folding arms of the Mavics don't break, unless they crash.
Spark's arms break after a crash also, and if they crash we need to replace the whole body.

I bought my spark a few weeks ago, they only have in white. Colors not longer available. If they are planning a spark 2, I only suggest improvements in two things: better camera... Does not need to be 4k but at least 2.7k like the phantom 3 standard and 25 to 30 minutes of fly time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast