Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark does nothing.

Steve Kennedy

Join
Aug 20, 2018
Power on, controller on, green light and yet nothing happens when I raise the throttle lever. I had it going once with wifi but I want to use the controller, not my phone. I was told to link the phone to the controller with an OTG cable but what if you don't have a smart phone? I just want to use the controller.

Pull both sticks down and toward the center. (Left stick at 5 o'clock, right stick at 7 o'clock.) That will start the motors. Than the left stick foreward should make the drone take off.

Power on, controller on, green light and yet nothing happens when I raise the throttle lever. I had it going once with wifi but I want to use the controller, not my phone. I was told to link the phone to the controller with an OTG cable but what if you don't have a smart phone? I just want to use the controller.
Did your controller lose connection to the spark? When both, the spark and controller are turned on, does the controller show a steady green light after a few seconds? Or does it stay red? You mentioned green light but I'm not sure which light you were referring to as there are many.

Can this be done? I thought you had to use a phone or tablet with Spark, even with the RC?

Can this be done? I thought you had to use a phone or tablet with Spark, even with the RC?

Yes it can but your range will be limited and it's not a good idea to fly without a device that provides you with telemetry important to the flight. Plus a video feed and flight records are stored on the device.

Just because the controller LED turns green, the Spark may not be ready for flight due to inadequate GPS satellite coverage.

Refer to your owner's manual for an explanation of the rear status lights.

20180526_053532.png

Good luck.

Reactions: Hddeuce03
Yes it can but your range will be limited and it's not a good idea to fly without a device that provides you with telemetry important to the flight. Plus a video feed and flight records are stored on the device.

Just because the controller LED turns green, the Spark may not be ready for flight due to inadequate GPS satellite coverage.

Refer to your owner's manual for an explanation of the rear status lights.

View attachment 6477
thanks for that ......
Good luck.

While you certainly can fly with just the controller, it is not advised....you need your phone so you can see the drone telemetry for safety reasons. Without a phone, you won't know the drones height, if you are in GPS mode vs. ATTI, battery status, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502