Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark flyaway update, response from DJI - Bad news

I disagree. I don’t think the Spark is any more prone to fly-aways than any other DJI drone. My Spark has over 600 flights on it and is almost 5 years old. I have never had a single problem with it. Many people rave about how it is built like a tank but I wouldn’t know because I have never crashed it.

Sure, it suffers from short battery time and batteries are hard to find and expensive nowadays and there were initial problems with badly designed battery clips but that has all been mitigated by use of a battery clip or O-ring.

Chris

I disagree. I don’t think the Spark is any more prone to fly-aways than any other DJI drone. My Spark has over 600 flights on it and is almost 5 years old. I have never had a single problem with it. Many people rave about how it is built like a tank but I wouldn’t know because I have never crashed it.

Sure, it suffers from short battery time and batteries are hard to find and expensive nowadays and there were initial problems with badly designed battery clips but that has all been mitigated by use of a battery clip or O-ring.

Chris

I'm the same with my 5yo Spark, rock solid.

Just for some general info on this thread . . .

Generally the biggest flyaway of DJI drones is simply slight magnetic interference at start up.
The IMU and compass can give different compass readings for a short time . . . very often 180 degrees . . . the home point red arrow must be same as the orientation as the drone is on the ground.
If not, move somewhere else and try start up again.

When you take off this causes 'corrections' the flight controller sees as needed, drones just keep flying away faster often up to full speed.
They can correct themselves in a short time, but most often the drone will either lose signal, or crash etc in the meantime.

Spark batteries are now back in the DJI store (at least here in the DJI Australia store) . . .

Spark Intelligent Flight Battery - DJI Mobile Online Store (United States)

Seems DJI have brought back ALL older model batteries into production, or they're selling all old backup spares stock ?
Drones like the M1P / MPP, and Air, also have batteries back in the store.

The Spark battery issue was solved with larger prongs, photo below show 2 of mine, early one (out of 3 flymores and a couple of other later batteries purchased).
All but the one of my 5 batteries has the smaller prongs . . .

Spark_battery_clips.jpg < thumbnail, click to enlarge

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit