Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Flyaway

tuckers

Join
Mar 18, 2019
This is my first post on the forum. My Spark flew away when WiFi connection was lost earlier this month. I had had it for 15 months and flown in Australia, Iceland and Italy with amazing success and excellent pictures and videos. However while flying in Western Australia in early March I lost WiFi connection when the aircraft was about 400m away and just visible and with 9 min left in battery. I did nothing waiting for the aircraft to return home as home point had been recorded and I had 9 satellites on GPS. About 4 mins later WiFi connection was re-established, the aircraft was still in the same position, and there was just over 4.5 mins of battery remaining. I started flying home only to lose WiFi connection again and to never see the aircraft again. I subsequently contacted DJI to see if they would go through my flight records and tell me what went wrong so that if it was something I did, I wouldn't do it again with the replacement Spark (which I have bought). DJI told me that because the Spark was more than a year old they could/would do nothing and would not analyse my flight records so I could learn from them.
Has any one had this sort of problem with DJI, and more particularly has anyone been successful in getting DJI to help understand what could be an operational or software error?

This is my first post on the forum. My Spark flew away when WiFi connection was lost earlier this month. I had had it for 15 months and flown in Australia, Iceland and Italy with amazing success and excellent pictures and videos. However while flying in Western Australia in early March I lost WiFi connection when the aircraft was about 400m away and just visible and with 9 min left in battery. I did nothing waiting for the aircraft to return home as home point had been recorded and I had 9 satellites on GPS. About 4 mins later WiFi connection was re-established, the aircraft was still in the same position, and there was just over 4.5 mins of battery remaining. I started flying home only to lose WiFi connection again and to never see the aircraft again. I subsequently contacted DJI to see if they would go through my flight records and tell me what went wrong so that if it was something I did, I wouldn't do it again with the replacement Spark (which I have bought). DJI told me that because the Spark was more than a year old they could/would do nothing and would not analyse my flight records so I could learn from them.
Has any one had this sort of problem with DJI, and more particularly has anyone been successful in getting DJI to help understand what could be an operational or software error?
Setup a free account with Airdata and upload your flight record from your mobile device. You'll be able to look at what happened during the flight

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502