Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Gimbal Jerky Movement Fixed at ~<10 Speed

SpillCo

Join
Jan 28, 2020
Hi !
My recently purchased Spark makes this Jerky TILT movement when the Gimbal Speed is fixed at a value <10 Speed.

The actual problem is when trying to reveal the landscape by creating this cinematic movement pointing downwards and then slowly going upwards, the Gimbal then creates this jerky movement that I notice only happens between the first 5 levels of the Gimbal Height.

I’ve done a general reset (Both RC & Spark) I’ve also calibrated the IMU and I have never crashed or anything like that.
Also, I’ve tried several RC Joystick Speed settings and nothing seems to work.

I’ve already contacted Dji support but they tell me to download the last firmware (done same results)

Have you experienced something similar? Or maybe the next step is to start the claim at Dji support.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
do you have any filters attached?

Hi ! No, I don’t have any Filters attached, this can only be experienced in the first levels of the Gimbal Height and it makes a movement like it’s sticky or stuck, it’s just a fraction of a second but it causes a jump in the video. But I don’t really know if Spark owners experience the same.

Didn't get switched from Follow to FPV mode....did it?

Did you buy it new? Given everything you've tried i'd say it's sounding more like a physical glitch i.e missing tooth in a cog mechanism and is going to need (if under guarantee) to be sent back and sorted / replaced to uphold the warranty.

I have had a similar experience that correlated with high dust at takeoff/landing sites. Si i carefully hold and move the camera while blowing joints with compressed air. That corrects stickiness (jerkiness) for me. Good luck!

Reactions: Z.Rozanoff
Hi !
My recently purchased Spark makes this Jerky TILT movement when the Gimbal Speed is fixed at a value <10 Speed.

The actual problem is when trying to reveal the landscape by creating this cinematic movement pointing downwards and then slowly going upwards, the Gimbal then creates this jerky movement that I notice only happens between the first 5 levels of the Gimbal Height.

I’ve done a general reset (Both RC & Spark) I’ve also calibrated the IMU and I have never crashed or anything like that.
Also, I’ve tried several RC Joystick Speed settings and nothing seems to work.

I’ve already contacted Dji support but they tell me to download the last firmware (done same results)

Have you experienced something similar? Or maybe the next step is to start the claim at Dji support.

Thanks in advance!
Any update ?

I have had a similar experience that correlated with high dust at takeoff/landing sites. Si i carefully hold and move the camera while blowing joints with compressed air. That corrects stickiness (jerkiness) for me. Good luck!
Thanks ! It sounds like a simple but powerful solution. Let me try this and I’ll keep you posted.

ISSUE FIXED:
After several flights, I realized that the Gimbal functions are completely different in the air than when trying the same movements at land.
I’m pretty sure restarting the aircraft several times also helped, I haven’t had any problems recently with the Gimbal.

Reactions: I B Spectre

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme