Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark GPS Indoors

Buddy411

Join
Jul 2, 2017
How does the Spark do indoor GPS wise? Is it hit or miss or pretty reliable?

You might get a signal if you're near a window...but, I wouldn't depend on it.

P mode with VPS activated is just fine indoors. If you do get GPS, just don't hit "Go Home" with a 30-meter RTH height... ;-)

Reactions: Asylum and uasav8r
If you get a gps lock indoors then lose it be prepared for the bird to do something stupid when it kicks into atti mode.

Also there is normally the OPTI mode that use the camera bellow to keep stable in horizontal plan. This mode will turn off if you fly over a surface where there is no pattern that the camera can detect and here you will be in true ATTI mode where you have to keep the Spark in place and brake.

I flew my spark in my shop and it had zero sats and the spark did very well . It’s a very well behaved little drone .

The spark is pretty stable with weak GPS indoors. It uses VPS. Make sure there is good lighting. Be aware of the situations when VPS is blind.

You might get a signal if you're near a window...but, I wouldn't depend on it.

P mode with VPS activated is just fine indoors. If you do get GPS, just don't hit "Go Home" with a 30-meter RTH height... ;-)
Spark will land when it executes RTH within 15 or less meters of homepoint location. This is something to watch out for when homepoint is close to water. If flying indoors and have area greater than 15 meters like a huge warehouse then you may want to change RTH to hover.

Just wanted to share my most recent experience (last night) that for 3 days I tried getting my Spark to fly indoors-no GPS-ATTI mode. In order to get it to even start the motors I had to take it out of Beginner Mode which I had selected initially.

I fly inside my house most of the time. Fly around living room, kitchen, garage without leaving my room. I bump into walls, doors, hit ceiling and spark is still flying. I dont have a big house so RTH will not execute the RTH altitude or fly to homepoint. It executes landing when RC and AC losses connection.

make sure you have your prop guards on. i wont recommend flying spark indoor unless you get the GPS mode. OPTI mode is good but depend on lighting and your floor patterns it may not work. The worst is when spark suddenly switches from OPTI to ATTI mode - stay alert all the time. Definite don't try it indoor if you are relatively inexperienced with the control.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar