Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark heat after new update .600

His415

Join
Jul 12, 2017
I've read on the DJI forums that people are reporting their sparks are flying noticeably cooler with the new update.

Can anyone here confirm it's true for them?

Tonight I was flying around in sport mode and it was noticeably cooler.

Reactions: stylo21
I didnt really notice it being too hot prior to the update but I will try..

Tonight I was flying around in sport mode and it was noticeably cooler.
How exactly are you measuring the difference?

Great idea!

You can compare logs uploaded to airdata
Most probably not as you will get battery temperature which is always increasing during the flight and is highly dependent how you fly hard. The is also the IMU temperature which is regulated to 65°.
I don't think there are other temperature indications.

This is a plot of flight with .0600
Capture72.PNG

With a firmware update they could have changed the IMU temperature, but it is the same as before.
The battery temperature could vary if they have limited the maximum power that can be given to the motors, but before a normal flight was already 65W in average, and you cannot reduce it without building wings on the spark or reducing its weight or black magic.
Only in Sport mode, there could have been a reduction in the maximum power taken from the battery, but it still fly like a rocket and take severe angle during hard maneuver.

It was created using CsvView. You can download it here.
Yes fully correct and true as usual.

In troubleshooting, there is the flight log of Go4 app that is useful for quick overview of the flight. You can upload the flight log from your app here DJI Flight Log Viewer. You can copy the link to it on this forum if you need some troubleshooting. by others

There is also the retrieval of the .DAT flight record of the Spark as explained HERE. Then you can upload them to something like dropbox and post a link here again if you need troubleshooting help from others. There is limited space for these flight records in the Spark, older are deleted to have space for new, so retrieval should be done as early as possible.
You can also do it yourself from the DAT file and plot flight parameters using the CsvView tools available HERE as msinger indicated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bornzero2none