Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Indoor Flying

irvine

Join
Dec 26, 2018
Hi all need help in how I can fly my spark indoors I only seem to get Atti mode when I go outside I have no problem I have full GPS and says home point has been saved.

As I haven't tried the hand gesture mode any suggestions what's going on. All my lower floor says Atti mode. Help please

Hi all need help in how I can fly my spark indoors I only seem to get Atti mode when I go outside I have no problem I have full GPS and says home point has been saved.

As I haven't tried the hand gesture mode any suggestions what's going on. All my lower floor says Atti mode. Help please

It's because you are inside the house.

Remove your roof and the Spark will be able to see the sky and the GPS satellites.?

When the Spark is inside, it relies on the bottom camera to "see" the ground and fly without GPS.

Make sure your rooms are well lit to help the Spark see.

You need to be able to receive GPS signal to get out of Atti mode and into GPS mode, you can’t receive those signals indoors

You need to be able to receive GPS signal to get out of Atti mode and into GPS mode, you can’t receive those signals indoors
So why on you YouTube you see loads of videos on flying indoors with the spark one video I watched is to make sure the bottom sensor can see the floor with multi colours that seems to help. Wish me luck

video I watched is to make sure the bottom sensor can see the floor with multi colours that seems to help.

Yes. Break up the floor pattern.

This is why the Spark wants to go swimming sometimes because it can't see the water and the IR doesn't bounce off the water well so the Spark lowers itself to get a better look and the next thing you know, you're in the water.

It's because you are inside the house.

Remove your roof and the Spark will be able to see the sky and the GPS satellites.[emoji6]

When the Spark is inside, it relies on the bottom camera to "see" the ground and fly without GPS.

Make sure your rooms are well lit to help the Spark see.
Had to laugh when you said to remove the roof so your saying it may be caused by poor lighting the bottom sensor cant see the floor. Mind you with the weather we are having here in the UK it's like the dark ages with horrendous winds and really dark skys

This is taken early afternoon. I only hope the weather changes20190315_162828.jpeg

Yes. Break up the floor pattern.

This is why the Spark wants to go swimming sometimes because it can't see the water and the IR doesn't bounce off the water well so the Spark lowers itself to get a better look and the next thing you know, you're in the water.
Hi I have a landing pad should I try that regards Irvine

Also when flying inside, use the prop guards and the use of Tripod mode will slow down the Sparks movements.

Stay away from the walls and ceiling as the prop wash may suck the Spark in that direction.

And secure all lose papers and lite weight nic nacks.

Reactions: charliespark
You should learn to fly in atti mode anyway so put on those prop guards and enjoy. And do stay away from the cealings ?

Reactions: charliespark
You should learn to fly in atti mode anyway so put on those prop guards and enjoy. And do stay away from the cealings ?

Best thing to do is to learn in atti mode.
Something goes wrong outside, you will know how to fly without GPS assistance.

To make it realistic, turn a table fan ON and watch your Spark "fly away on its own" when the GPS isn't there to keep it in the spot intended as it dtifts with wind. :D

I'm joking of course but it would be good training in a warehouse space with a fan.

Unless the camera on the bottom is good enough to establish a stationary position while in Atti-mode.

So why on you YouTube you see loads of videos on flying indoors with the spark one video I watched is to make sure the bottom sensor can see the floor with multi colours that seems to help. Wish me luck
You can certainly fly indoors, just not in GPS mode.
Use prop guards to save damage to walls and props, and no offense but luck has very little to do with it ?

You can certainly fly indoors, just not in GPS mode.
Use prop guards to save damage to walls and props, and no offense but luck has very little to do with it [emoji1]
Hi well I tried having a bright pad on the floor and opti worked just what a few sparky viewers said. Thanks to all that helped. Regards Irvine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme