Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark is not Stable when flying at night

Join
Jul 10, 2019
Hello, I'm a new spark pilot. a few days ago I flew my spark at night and I watched my drone move on its own slowly. not like when flying during the day. when flying during the day it flew very stable in its position. Is it caused by poor lighting? or is there another reason? I hope you all can give advice to me. thank you ?

At what altitude were you flying? Were you in P-GPS mode?
Please note that at altitude below 26 feet, the bottom sensors can visually monitor the terrain below and hold the AC steady. However, if there is insufficient light or the terrain doesn't have distinct features, this feature cannot work efficiently. The AC should still be able to hover steadily in position if the GPS signal is strong though.

Please note that at altitude below 26 feet, the bottom sensors can visually monitor the terrain below and hold the AC steady. However, if there is insufficient light or the terrain doesn't have distinct features, this feature cannot work efficiently. The AC should still be able to hover steadily in position if the GPS signal is strong though.
My drone flew in GPS mode, altitude about 3 meters with strong GPS. Maybe the light is not enough or the terrain trouble. I will try to fly it in a place that has enough light and good terrain. I will try to fly it in a place that has enough light and good terrain. Does a good terrain must have a clear structure?. Btw thanks for your advice ?

Spark has optical positioning at low altitude. At height it uses GPS. Other drones use sonar at low altitude and ambient light isn't required.
Turn off optical avoidance when using at night.

My drone flew in GPS mode, altitude about 3 meters with strong GPS. Maybe the light is not enough or the terrain trouble. I will try to fly it in a place that has enough light and good terrain. I will try to fly it in a place that has enough light and good terrain. Does a good terrain must have a clear structure?. Btw thanks for your advice ?

I don't quite understand what you mean by "clear structure". If by clear structure you mean over a surface which is absolutely plain, eg: a plain carpet, a turf of green grass, a lake etc., then the optical sensor may not be able to work efficiently. Because the optical needs to "see" something in its view change as the drone moves.

I don't quite understand what you mean by "clear structure". If by clear structure you mean over a surface which is absolutely plain, eg: a plain carpet, a turf of green grass, a lake etc., then the optical sensor may not be able to work efficiently. Because the optical needs to "see" something in its view change as the drone moves.
Ok I see. Thanks for your advice ?

Spark has optical positioning at low altitude. At height it uses GPS. Other drones use sonar at low altitude and ambient light isn't required.
Turn off optical avoidance when using at night.
What difference does turning off the optical sensor make?

What difference does turning off the optical sensor make?

I turn mine OFF after clearing obstacles around me when launching, day or night.

Turning the OA off will allow the Spark to fly a little quicker, rather than slowly progressing forward while blasting the air with infrared beams waiting for an obstacle that's not there.

The bottom sensors remain active and the bottom camera requires light to efficiently operate during VPS.

I turn mine OFF after clearing obstacles around me when launching, day or night.

Turning the OA off will allow the Spark to fly a little quicker, rather than slowly progressing forward while blasting the air with infrared beams waiting for an obstacle that's not there.

The bottom sensors remain active and the bottom camera requires light to efficiently operate during VPS.
Thanks for clarifying, does it turn off automatically in Sport mode?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme