Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark landed in creek. Got it back, but it's soaked....

I'm gonna do an autopsy! LOL.

Guess I was one of the lucky ones - lost mine coming back from a long distance run and came up short by 500 ft after flying on 0% for 75 seconds. The Find My Drone app showed it landed on a small island 500 ft off shore, so 5 days and 2 major thunderstorms later I found it 3/4 submerged in muddy water with just the gimble and one engine above water. Took it home, cleaned it externally and put in rice for 3 days and set on dehumidify for another day. Put a fresh battery on and first try nothing, so turned back off - 1 minute later 2nd try heard fan kick on, but nothing else, turned off - 1 minute later 3rd try fan on, lights lit and start up sound - she was alive! Been flying for nearly 2 months and dozens of flights, everything is working 100%. First few days dealt with the bottom camera fogging up and causing some take off and landing issues, but once that cleared everything works as it did when it was brand new. It was fresh water and not salt water, so hoping corrosion won't take over - but flying in open spaces just in case.

Wow, your story seems more of a miracle than mine! 5 DAYS?? 2 storms? Your Spark has nine lives.... Just for grins (after reading your story), I pulled out my dead Spark and tried again.... this time around, I heard a faint "click" sound when I powered it on but then nothing at all... turned it off, waited a couple minutes, turned it back on. Once again, a faint click and then silence. I think mine's really gone. But, Friday is only two days away! New one should be here.

On a side note...it's rained here everyday the past 5 days...pretty much constantly. No flying coulda happened anyways. Hopefully where all of you are...you at least are getting some weather to fly in. I have a Mavic Air...but it's just not the same. Miss the heck out of my Spark. Funny, the awesome specs of the Mavic Air just don't quite do it for me like ole Sparky. Just something about it...

Hello, this week I was with one that fell into the sea, I disassembled everything and washed with isopropyl alcohol, removed the metal plates that covered the components, after drying well with the hair punch, it worked for a few minutes, but this presenting the problem with the compass disconnected, it will be necessary to change the pci of the compass.

sorry my english by google

Yea, that seems to be what I've heard from several. If it comes back after thoroughly drying and doing what you did with Iso Alcohol, it still likely will never be the same. I got my new Spark in. Flew for quite a while (burned thru 5 batteries) today in the greatest weather! (sunny and 70 degrees in North Texas with NO wind at all!). Man, talk about a huge mood swing...

...I also activated my DJI Refresh this time!

Thank you ALL for your replies. I really appreciate it. It's funny, no one in my non-drone family understands the distraught of this, but I can tell you all do. DJI Refresh sounds like where I'll be going with my new Spark. I'm still not going to give up hope, but it sure sounds like I'm going to get another Spark. I still have 4 extra batteries and lots of other accessories.

I have a Mavic Air, but I cannot imagine going on without a Spark. May sound silly to some, but it doesn't to me...

That sucks! I had a Air but sold it, and I will never be without my Spark! I completely understand, even though I have 2 P3s and a Zoom.

Rice will pull moisture, and so will Orbeadz for plants. Amazon has them, or I could send you some. I have 10lbs or so.

I wouldn't get my hopes up as others have said. I am also a fan of Care Refresh, and have it on all my quads.

Best of luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis