Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark life expectancy

Because it is such a short battery, acquiring flight time on the Spark reminds me of Otto Lilienthal, who in the late 1800's, did 5 hrs in 2000 flights.

I am hoping to do better than that...:)

Yes,, just after take off battery departed the Drone and both crashed to the ground..Found the Drone and had it repaired by DJi under warranty..
Omg! Saw some posts about this too. Wonder this only happens to first batch Spark? How do we prevent this from happening again.... Do you think tie a rubber band helps? [emoji3]

Omg! Saw some posts about this too. Wonder this only happens to first batch Spark? How do we prevent this from happening again.... Do you think tie a rubber band helps? [emoji3]
Apparently there is a first and second generation of intelligent batteries for the Spark. The first generation had a notably smaller set of latches, the second increased the size of the latches. You can tell which generation you have by looking at the tabs, if the tab goes to the top of the indentation then you have a gen 2.

Apparently there is a first and second generation of intelligent batteries for the Spark. The first generation had a notably smaller set of latches, the second increased the size of the latches. You can tell which generation you have by looking at the tabs, if the tab goes to the top of the indentation then you have a gen 2.
Thanks for the info bro. Will check it out when I get home later.

There are battery keepers available on eBay.

Already checked mine, the two batteries that come with the flymore have a lower latch while the newer battery I bought separately comes with higher latch. May have to get a battery keeper soon.

Already checked mine, the two batteries that come with the flymore have a lower latch while the newer battery I bought separately comes with higher latch. May have to get a battery keeper soon.
HHmmm,, you can expect the battery with the lower latch to depart the Drone whilst flying,, either get rid of this battery or get a battery holder from Amazon,, My battery with the lower latch departed the Drone !!!!

You can tell which generation you have by looking at the tabs, if the tab goes to the top of the indentation then you have a gen 2.

I don't suppose you have a pic by any chance? mine are all the same, they go *most* of the way to the top but finish a fraction short.

I'd say a simple rubber band should do the trick as well... :)

I think I would prefer something with less "give", at the tension a rubber band would have after you go it over the rear arms. I have one coming next week to try, although no issues yet. *fingers crossed*

I don't suppose you have a pic by any chance? mine are all the same, they go *most* of the way to the top but finish a fraction short.
Here are some pictures posted by another member of this Forum on a similar thread.

And I am wondering if those early Sparks actually fell from the sky because of:
- the older latches
- they were just not seated properly (the "Click"), never had an issue with the older batteries myself
- the early Battery FW issue that was fixed bak then...

To be honest I doubt there were that many cases just because of the design, but at least that has been fixed as well. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme