Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Max Speed

Read the manual. Everything is explained. Speed is restricted for visual sensors. Basic GPS mode will increase speed without sensors. Sports mode disables visual sensor's & keeps GPS - then flys at max speed.

Reactions: Marshall Starnes
As many have expressed, the Spark Normal mode speed is pretty slow. I put it down a combination of the obstacle avoidance and gimbal not being as sophisticated as Mavic Pro.

On an interesting note: I think the normal mode speed (about 10km/hr) seems to be achievable regardless of head or tail winds. If flying into a 15km/hr breeze I still get 10km/hr forwards - making a total of 25km/hr air speed. Conversely flying with a 15km/hr tail wind still gets 10km/hr ground speed which really is 5km/hr backwards airspeed! I haven't explored this to the limits. Wonder if others have noticed something similar.

flying in high wind and turned around to RTH... 22.8mph in P mode.
22mph%20snapshot.jpg

Reactions: Marshall Starnes
Perhaps everyone knows this. But I have asked the question a few different ways and have gotten a number of different answers. Here is one I had NOT read before.

”When forward obstacle sensing is enabled and lighting conditions are sufficient, max flight attitude angle is 15 degrees with a maximum flight speed of 6.7 MPH. When forward obstacle sensing is disenabled, max flight attitude angle is 15 degrees with a maximum flight speed of 13.4 MPH.”

Low and behold in the instruction manual on page 9 I believe.
Wait y'all are saying you can only go 31 mph with the spark, I can reach almost 50 mph flying beside my solo of course the solo is a good bit faster in full throttle, what if you cut all of the modes off and out it in sport mode have y'all tried that, that's what I do and boy she will we get it then!! Try that and let me know!

I have a question for all my good flyers out there, I have a ZTE Bolt and everything works fine except 2 things, when I'm flying no otg just phone controller and spark, on my screen it's like the camera is flipping through channels ever so slightly, you can't tell unless you look at it, all my saved videos that saves to my phone are just like what's on the screen barely visible flipping through resolution or channels but what's on my SD card isn't like that it's nice crisp and clean is there a fix for this, also when I plug my otg everything works fine I can fly all is good but it shows me no Sat info and no battery info or really any kind of info except I get live screen and nice crisp clean image in my phone is there something in doing wrong is this OK or should I not fly it like this, I mean I know not being able to see the stats isn't a good thing that's common since but is there a fix for this or is it just my phone, I know I have the right cable for a fact!

Alright spark pilots another thing, has anyone else had an issue with the spark not being able to fly in your house after installing the Flysafe Database when before hand I could fly just fine?? I've reset everything done everything in the world but now when I take off in the house it goes up and down up and down, so I have to land!!

There is a power percentage meter inside the compass when you have it displayed on the app. I’ve never messed with the stick sensitivity on mine and when I hold full forward pitch on mine in sport mode it only shows about 68 to 70% at 22 to 23 mph.
It also goes faster when obsticle avoidance is off ive got mi e to 32.5 mph

With everything off obstacle avoidance wise and in sport mode, my best is only 31.4 mph. (And that was with a 10-15 mph tail wind). The return trip was still well over 20 mph even with those head winds. I also never saw the power level go beyond 88% as others have mentioned.

Obviously, the lil Spark is capable of *much* more than dji is allowing... there's an awful lot of ZiP in it for sure!

For comparison, I hit 58.6 mph with the trusty ol P3S surfing tail winds in Atti mode that same evening. Zoom zoom! Of course, the return trip was at about 12 mph however...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav