Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Missions POI Limit

Bobco101

Join
Apr 11, 2020
I have Spark Pro iOS app, similar to Litchi it has waypoint mission capability. I find it odd that while missions can have up to 99 waypoints, you can only assign 3 POIs.
Is this the same for Litchi? I read that Litchi can also have up to 99 waypoints, but I cannot find a clear answer on the number of POIs. Is this a DJI (SDK) limit?

I cannot answer about the DJI SDK part, but as far as I know there is no limit on POI's.
Here is a quick mission in Mission Hub:

litchi.jpg

Thank you for the reply.
One other question you maybe can answer about Litchi (thinking of getting it even though my other less expensive app does most of what I need/like):

In a different thread, someone posted a Litchi user guide, and there was a note that the drone would no longer follow waypoint speeds if disconnected from the remote.
Specifically it states it will fly the mission at the last known speed.

This also seems odd. If these missions are uploaded to the drone, and can continue flying them if disconnected (option in the app) why would it continue to follow heading and camera/POI cues, but not speed? Looking at a video were my Spark disconnected using my app (Spark Pro) it seems to follow the speeds, but hard to be sure.

Is that a misprint or has been updated? Just curious.

It is one thing that I read that I didn't like about Litchi. I would hate to be far out and stuck at a lower speed I set for POI then not have the battery to return (especially since Spark's flight times aren't great to start).

When planning a mission you've got two options regarding your waypoints.
Curved or straight lines.
If you want to go straight lines between waypoints, you can add actions.
Actions could be speed change, heading, take picture, start video, gimbal tilt etc..
Curved lines will not go through the actual wp, hence no actions allowed.
Curved and straight can be combined in same mission.
Some of the actions at the wp will be governed by the app itselves.
Speed (or speedchange) is one of them.
Location, heading etc will be uploaded to your Spark before executing the mission.

So, back to your initial question regarding speed.
When you create a mission, you set a cruise speed. This is the speed it will do the mission at if no speed change is called for at a wp.
But, you also set a max speed.
The magic here is you can adjust the mission speed with your RH stick.
Faster (until max speed reached) or slower.
If RC-AC disconnect, last known speed will be uses to the end or maybe until connection is reestablished.
But bottom line... speed is governed by the app though the RC to your bird.
Regarding low battery, be sure to activate "Smart RTH" and "return to home" in the settings of Litchi/Mission.

Btw, Litchi is worth every penny!
Can be used with all the modern DJI drones, and even some other brands.

https://flylitchi.com/help

Reactions: RotorWash
I believe automated gimbal angle adjustments during the mission also require a connection with the controller as well. Like the speed setting it will remain at the same value it had at the point the connection is lost.

Reactions: Haggi
I believe automated gimbal angle adjustments during the mission also require a connection with the controller as well. Like the speed setting it will remain at the same value it had at the point the connection is lost.
True. Gimbal angle and speed adjustments both require connection to the RC.

Reactions: Haggi and RotorWash
When planning a mission you've got two options regarding your waypoints.
Curved or straight lines.
If you want to go straight lines between waypoints, you can add actions.
Actions could be speed change, heading, take picture, start video, gimbal tilt etc..
Curved lines will not go through the actual wp, hence no actions allowed.
Curved and straight can be combined in same mission.
Some of the actions at the wp will be governed by the app itselves.
Speed (or speedchange) is one of them.
Location, heading etc will be uploaded to your Spark before executing the mission.

So, back to your initial question regarding speed.
When you create a mission, you set a cruise speed. This is the speed it will do the mission at if no speed change is called for at a wp.
But, you also set a max speed.
The magic here is you can adjust the mission speed with your RH stick.
Faster (until max speed reached) or slower.
If RC-AC disconnect, last known speed will be uses to the end or maybe until connection is reestablished.
But bottom line... speed is governed by the app though the RC to your bird.
Regarding low battery, be sure to activate "Smart RTH" and "return to home" in the settings of Litchi/Mission.

Btw, Litchi is worth every penny!
Can be used with all the modern DJI drones, and even some other brands.

https://flylitchi.com/help
Ll

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme