Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark newbie, Nashville TN

Wooglin

Join
Feb 23, 2020
Just got the Spark two days ago and have yet to fly it. I'm still trying to get it to connect to the remote but am getting frustrated. Any help would be appreciated. Can't wait to get it in the air!

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Wooglin.

I'm not sure if I can help with your connection issue, but other members here may be able to help.

The search function of this Forum may provide insight to your situation.

The more information the better. :)

Android or Apple device?

What problem are you experiencing with the setup?

We are here to help you get your "wings" and fly safe.

Welcome to the Forum.?

Welcome to the forum! :)

I'm still trying to get it to connect to the remote but am getting frustrated
What exactly doesn't seem to be working as expected?

Had the same problem at the outset but it does sort itself out. The Forum Team will be sure to help you, I can’t remember how I did it nearly a couple of years ago but it‘s well worth the effort. Welcome to the Forum and look forward to some great pix and vids.

I got it to work finally after several tries. I would get the remote connected and everything was fine then as I was about to get it started it would say "disconnected" on my phone and I had to go through the entire process of scanning the QR code connecting it again to the remote and changing my wifi to the Spark RC wifi. For some reason it kept wanting to switch back to my home wifi and that is what would make it disconnect from the RC. I think I have gotten it to work and stay on the RC wifi. Thanks for all of the replies. I did fly it for about 30 mins (two full batteries worth) to get used to it. I don't have the biggest of back yards but I flew it around the back yard, over the house to the front yard and back to me several times and just got used to the controller. I didn't even record anything. The little bugger is pretty quick in Sport Mode too. I think I'm going to have fun with this. I have a Yuneec Q-500 but it isn't near as much fun to fly. I have a feeling I'll end up selling it or giving it to my son. Thanks again for all of your input!

Reactions: Spark 317
Was it a combo kit, controller bought with drone? controller shoud be recognized by drone without any need to qr scan

I too had some headscratching and lots of failed connections trying to scan stuff at beginning, but mine being a combo once the lead is connected via phone and controller and app opened invariably in seconds i can 'go fly'

Was it a combo kit, controller bought with drone? controller shoud be recognized by drone without any need to qr scan
Yes, it was the combo. I don't know why it made me scan the code again so many times. Sorry I'm just now answering I have been out of town for work. I connected it again just the other night and it did fine so I think whatever issue I was having was probably user error and not the drone or controller. Thanks for the response. Now that I'm used to it a little more I will start recording some video with it and harassing my dog! He's an Australian Shepherd and is going to love chasing it around the yard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme