Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark not flying striaght

Twed

Join
Jan 22, 2018
Hi guys,

My Sparky seems to be flying drunk! When flying straight forward, it always turns to the left or right but continues on the same straight course. I have checked the flight log and it doesnt show that the AC is turning, it's always in line with the recorded line when playing it back. please see video below as an example.

I have Calibrated the IMU and compass and both show very little to no interference and i was flying almost in the middle of butt f*** nowhere. No structures or masts etc and it does it at other locations too.

Any help/tips are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I have also noticed it panning (left or right) when sat on my desk. Is there anything I can do to remedy?

Mine to in sort mode, I think it wind sometimes. I am just happy the Mavic flies straight the spark is just a toy to me
But honestly it has a lot to do with the 2 axis gimble and image stabilization. If you look at the GPS track the spark really is flying straight the gimble direction is what makes it look like it's flying sideways.

Remember folks this is a $350 drone with zero redundancy and a 2 axis gimble. Kind of angwt what you pay for thing I think.

Hi guys,

My Sparky seems to be flying drunk! When flying straight forward, it always turns to the left or right but continues on the same straight course. I have checked the flight log and it doesnt show that the AC is turning, it's always in line with the recorded line when playing it back. please see video below as an example.

I have Calibrated the IMU and compass and both show very little to no interference and i was flying almost in the middle of but f*** nowhere. No structures or masts etc and it does it at other locations too.

Any help/tips are greatly appreciated.
Are using flters that may throw off the stabilization? Or any accessories on the nose area?

To add to the strangeness, today I watched the Spark in sport mode fly at an angle back to me. I would say a 5° shift from straight, could be just wind but it happens way to much.

RC Stick calibration. Also, check your props. I was using aftermarket cheepies that did that to mine

RC Stick calibration. Also, check your props. I was using aftermarket cheepies that did that to mine

Sticks have been calibrated mate. In the app it shows no input on the left stick (mode 2) when this happens.

I've got loads of props so will try change them :)

Remember folks this is a $350 drone with zero redundancy and a 2 axis gimble. Kind of angwt what you pay for thing I think.
You are retarded ain't ya the spark might be cheap but it's advanced and only limited by software and also 1 less axis on the gimbal

Calibrate sticks compass and imu that will fix it I get this problem sometimes not often my mavic air and mavic pro do it also but spark is my favourite

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar