Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark on wifi

smith

Join
Sep 27, 2017
Well done the latest firmware update, didnt notice any change,did you?
I always use otg so this time i used wifi which was preety good as there was no video lag and i got a range of distance of 4923 feet flying locally.
No more otg for me.

Wow, that's pretty good! I usually fly OTG too, I'll have to give it a shot again.

My LG V20 Android device had a system update last night and the OTG cable I have been using no longer worked. Video signal was lost but everything else was okay...

Flew WiFi to controller and everything was perfect and smooth!

Still hope I figure out what's wrong with OTG after the update on my phone

I use an LG Stylo 2 as my device. It's a phone that no longer works as a phone as I have upgraded there. (Bought the Stylo 3) I have tried to use just the WIFI connection and it is virtually useless. The lag is so bad that it takes almost 10 seconds for things to happen on screen. (Ex. I turn the Spark while hovering, 10 seconds later, it finally happens on the screen.) OTG works a million times better for me. No lag or any other issues. I'm on Android and have all the latest firmware and app updates as well. The only problem I have experienced was while flying one day when the KP index was a little high. Lost GPS lock and had to bring it back manually. I've tried using my Stylo 3 for flying. I think being it's my daily driver phone, I'm just using too much processing power. But I will only fly using OTG because it's just a way better connection. I've been out to almost a mile and had no cut outs or anything and truthfully, I don't really need to go that far most of the time. So unless DJI actually disables the OTG, I'll stick with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef