Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark one motor slightly louder than the others?

Mikewired

Join
Nov 16, 2017
I bought a really clean white spark fly more combo used for $450 with 4 batteries and the American flag wrap. The spark looks great, flies great but I noticed later that one motor without the prop on when you spin it by hand sounds not as quiet as the other three motors. I also noticed that the top of the motor shaft was slightly bent. I used a house key and ever so slightly bent the shaft back. I have compared it to other new sparks, and there always seems to be one louder motor. My motor however is still louder than the new spark, but it is not rough feeling or difficult to turn. If you spin up the props then shut them down, the noisy motor stops spinning right inline with the other 3. My thought was a noisy bearing. Maybe this spark got dropped onto the table or ? and bent the shaft and damaged a bearing. I see no signs of a crash on the spark. The noisy motor never feels more warm than the others after flying. I have flown it many times and keeping a watch on it but trying to decide to order a new motor for $30 and put it on or let it ride. This spark does have dji care on it but not in my name. I emailed DJI support to see if it can be transferred to my name.

mha ... if until now you have flown well leave it like that .. also I had a hubsan that there was a rougher engine to turn but it always went well

Buying used is always a gamble. I can't imagine it came from the factory with a bent shaft, but it is possible. The original owner may have crashed it in such a fashion that was the only damage.

With my FPV drones, if one motor is louder or noisier than the others, there is definitely an issue with that motor. HOWEVER, I'd do every you have done especially checking the temp of the motor after running (assuming you are using a temp gun), checking for excessive play, grinding, notchy feeling when spinning it.

For me, I don't like stuff like that on my FPV drones, I won't risk losing/crashing the drone and causing more damage, so I'll change out that ~45 buck motor. The Spark is different for me. I won't attempt a repair on it. So in that case, I'd keep a careful eye on it and if it gets worse, I'd send it in for repair...

I bought a really clean white spark fly more combo used for $450 with 4 batteries and the American flag wrap. The spark looks great, flies great but I noticed later that one motor without the prop on when you spin it by hand sounds not as quiet as the other three motors. I also noticed that the top of the motor shaft was slightly bent. I used a house key and ever so slightly bent the shaft back. I have compared it to other new sparks, and there always seems to be one louder motor. My motor however is still louder than the new spark, but it is not rough feeling or difficult to turn. If you spin up the props then shut them down, the noisy motor stops spinning right inline with the other 3. My thought was a noisy bearing. Maybe this spark got dropped onto the table or ? and bent the shaft and damaged a bearing. I see no signs of a crash on the spark. The noisy motor never feels more warm than the others after flying. I have flown it many times and keeping a watch on it but trying to decide to order a new motor for $30 and put it on or let it ride. This spark does have dji care on it but not in my name. I emailed DJI support to see if it can be transferred to my name.

One of the motors on mine is quite a bit louder. It depends on the conditions you are flying in. If it's fighting the wind try turning it and see if one of the other motors get louder

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar