Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark or mavic

Art

Join
Nov 17, 2017
I really need help here in deciding whether to buy a spark or a mavic I love the size of a spark but I'm worried about abilities versus the mavic. I don't want to spend all this money and realize that I should have bought it mavic any suggestions would help me in deciding which one to buy.

I really need help here in deciding whether to buy a spark or a mavic I love the size of a spark but I'm worried about abilities versus the mavic. I don't want to spend all this money and realize that I should have bought it mavic any suggestions would help me in deciding which one to buy.

If you are totally new to flying, start with the Spark. Once you master that platform, move on to the Mavic.

While you CAN start with the Mavic, there is more potential to have it lost, damaged, or destroyed because you might be new to the table...more potential for greater financial loss.

Reactions: netclovis
Hey Art, what do you plan on doing what the mavic or spark? Is it just casual flying and getting some good videos? Or is it more serious than that? I started off with the spark just for some decent videos and having some fun flying.

It depends what you want in the drone and what is of the utmost importance. Is it portability and size? Is it image/video quality? Is it distance? Is it flight time? Is money a big factor?

I own many different DJI drones. For me IF I was to own only one drone it would be the Mavic. Its a good "jack of all trades" drone. Its small enough but not the smallest. its good in higher winds but not as good as the Phantom 4, it takes good quality images/videos, better than the Spark but not as good as the Phantom 4.

Both the Spark and Mavic have their pros and cons. You just need to decide what you want in a drone.

While I'm always as advocate of starting with a "GPS-less" drone to learn the basics of drone flying, you don't need to. I've got friends whose first drones were Mavics and Phantom 4s who have had no issue. Key is they read all they could on drones and their particular drone, they watched youtube videos, they took their time learning and not forcing long distant flights or just throwing it in the air right out of the box. I do have one noob friend who did that and that was months ago. He's still flying crash-free...

Reactions: philcar50
There's something about ART that made me believe that he's been lying all this time. However, I don't know what it is but I know is somithing. I also believe in karma Spark SS so don't give up, and keep your head up my friend. Plz let us know what happened with the hole situation.[emoji106]

Reactions: SparkSS
Geez, can you guys get over it! Or keep your differences to one thread? Where's the mods?

Reactions: clouseau
I started out with a Parrot Bebop 2, did all my learning (crashing) with that and then bought a Mavic, I have just bought a Spark as well, not sure why I got it but i’m glad I did!

Can we just delete this whole thread now!

Or at least, would the mods please move it to the classifieds section

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast