Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark range with and with out OTG CABLE and parabolic antenna

I have to ask, but as anyone replaced the antennas on the controller with higher DB performer as oppose to this bulky contraption?

Example: Hurricane WIFI Refitting Antenna Amplifier Range Extender Signal Booster Board Kit for DJI SPARK MAVIC PRO (2X2.4G 7DB, 2X2.4G 8DB): Amazon.ca: Gateway

Maybe someone reading this has - but I'm not considering such a modification as it will one, void the warranty on remote, and two, will extend range well beyond the battery capability to RTH (PRE already takes out to limit of the battery and beyond at times). I dont find the PRE a very bulky contraption, plus doesn't require expertise to install, and oh yeah - only costs $8 (big one). That said if you want to go full mod antenna and batteries so you can make use of all that range, like I've seen some do on YT channels - it does make for some intersting and exciting videos. Think were getting away from the OP though.

I've recently acquired both the otg and pre. I seem to get mixed results with range with or without the otg and pre - separately and combined. The range appears to have some correlation with the amount of low cloud cover and /or atmospheric conditions. On a good, calm, clear day I can get to the max 500 metres as per my UK CAA PfCO conditions with and without the otg and pre.

My biggest bugbear at the moment is the stuttering I get on the feed (both live to the controller screen and on the sd footage). Mainly happens when I'm yawing the aircraft when stationary. For those 360 degree videos. Really bloody annoying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit