Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark RTH critical battery option?

Peter

Join
Jun 2, 2017
So my combo arrived, very happy apart from one of the front leds being much dimmer than all the others. CS have offered to replace it but I'm not ready to send it back on the day it's arrived.

Anyway I don't see an option to set a critical battery voltage or RTH on signal loss. Am I missing them somewhere or are they just not options on the Spark?
20170617_001350_resized.jpg

I don't see an option to set a critical battery voltage or RTH on signal loss. Am I missing them somewhere or are they just not options on the Spark?
You're not missing them. The options are much more limited for some reason.

I clicked on this thread to see if I could gain some insight, but I was toying around today and noticed that my battery went critical (30% or so) while at the pier and it wanted to RTH. I had no interest in RTH as I was about 3000' from home (walking and it was about 5' from me), so I chose to set it down before it spun off and got lost.

I sort of like the Spark when comparing it to my P3A or MP, but given that I spent ~$999 on my MP and $758 on my Spark it just seems so darn limited. If certainly flies nicely and the general public reception is a lot friendlier than my MP. People keep asking if it's one of those $150 toys or something more expensive as they see how aggressively it can fly and maneuver.

It should not matter, but I fly without the guards and with OA off. It flew to darn slow with avoidance enabled, but given the market this is geared for it makes complete sense.

I clicked on this thread to see if I could gain some insight, but I was toying around today and noticed that my battery went critical (30% or so) while at the pier and it wanted to RTH. I had no interest in RTH as I was about 3000' from home (walking and it was about 5' from me), so I chose to set it down before it spun off and got lost.

I sort of like the Spark when comparing it to my P3A or MP, but given that I spent ~$999 on my MP and $758 on my Spark it just seems so darn limited. If certainly flies nicely and the general public reception is a lot friendlier than my MP. People keep asking if it's one of those $150 toys or something more expensive as they see how aggressively it can fly and maneuver.

It should not matter, but I fly without the guards and with OA off. It flew to darn slow with avoidance enabled, but given the market this is geared for it makes complete sense.

That answers what happens when it reaches critical voltage then, you can always change yours to return to you rather than return to home.

From that I presume that when it loses signal it will also RTH which is good to know.

I would love to slow the pitch rate on the gimbal too as it's far to fast for filming, maybe that'll be in a firmware update..

From that I presume that when it loses signal it will also RTH which is good to know.
When the signal is lost, Failsafe RTH is activated.

Reactions: Peter
Thanks, I'll scale back the critical battery percentage some then as I wouldn't want to be stuck having to RTH at 30% battery, I always keep a good eye on the battery level.

Presumably you can override the RTH in this situation?

If you have RTH set to return to the controller, I presume that the failsafe will do the same thing, i.e. not RTH but RTC?

Presumably you can override the RTH in this situation?
If the remote controller or mobile device reconnects to the Spark, you can cancel Failsafe RTH and take control back.

If you have RTH set to return to the controller, I presume that the failsafe will do the same thing, i.e. not RTH but RTC?
When RTH is initiated, the Spark will always return to the last marked home point (assuming it still has a good GPS signal).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme